Design Exam: 70-297 or 70-298?

smg1138smg1138 Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
Ok so I just passed 70-294 and now I need to pick a design exam to finish my MCSE. I'm having trouble deciding between the 297 and 298. Does anybody know which one is supposed to be easier overall? I guess that's relative, but I'm just wanting to get an idea. After 6 exams, I'm ready to get this thing over with ASAP! If there's such a thing as MCSE fatigue, I think I've got it. :)

Comments

• DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Are you interested in MCSE:S? All it would take is the 298 and 299, which is the same content. A lot of people study for one and then take them both. Your Sec+ would satisfy as the other security requirement.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • KeithCKeithC Member Posts: 147
    Personally I felt the 70-297 was easier vs the 70-298. I have taken both, while I wanted the 298 for myself the 297 was somewhat forced on me to take as credit at my community college.
  • smg1138smg1138 Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What did you find easier about the 297? Is it anything like the 294? Because I found that material to be pretty tough.
    smg1138 wrote: »
    What did you find easier about the 297? Is it anything like the 294? Because I found that material to be pretty tough.

I think the 70-297 was easier for me because it seemed like it was a continuation from the core exams. Whereas with 70-298 you had to look at everything from a security perspective. It may of also helped I did the 70-298 first so I had a feel for the test layout before taking the 70-297.

Like Devilsbane said if you want the security specialization then go for the 70-298.
  • smg1138smg1138 Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Is the format the same on both the 297 and 298? Are there any stand alone questions or simulations like on previous MS exams?
    smg1138 wrote: »
    Is the format the same on both the 297 and 298? Are there any stand alone questions or simulations like on previous MS exams?

The format are both the same type. Using case studies and having to answer a few questions for each case study. No simulations just sifting through a lot of text being from interviews, existing network, planned network and so on. With each case study having various time to complete.