QA Analyst Jobs

BigO1120BigO1120 Member Posts: 110
Hey everyone! Getting ready to take my Network+ exam this Friday! I wanted to know...I'm currently working as a Support Analyst and discovered that there is an opening for a QA Analyst. I wanted to know if QA is a good position to go for. I've been working in a Support/Help Desk role for 6 years and I'm looking to move on but I wanted to know if QA is a good step up.

Let me know!
A Thing Of Beauty Is A Joy Forever

Comments

• garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    First..good luck on Net+..Describe the positions role.
  • BigO1120BigO1120 Member Posts: 110
    Thanks!!! Here are the MAIN responsibilities of the job:

- Review business requirements, functional/design specifications, develop quality assurance test plans

- According to test plans, develop manual and automated test cases/scripts to meet test criteria

- Perform various testing, track defect status and certify software quality and performance - Analyze test results to ensure existing functionality and recommend corrective actions

- Debrief testing results with developers and ensure resolution of all issues

- Work closely with project team in resolving product issues

- Document quality assurance processes, procedures, test plans and test results Occasional off-hours testing is required for testing production releases
  • jmc724jmc724 Member Posts: 415
    That job is for software support and you will be doing lots of testing and running scripts to make sure there's a work around if any part of the application is not responding properly(SQL on the back end). Im working in a similar capacity but didnt took the QA position, instead I took the support role.
    What next?
    The job sounds interesting but I was wondering if it's worth making the move from a Support role to this?
  • jmc724jmc724 Member Posts: 415
    I would continue doing the support role but if you want to learn more about databases etc then take the analyst role.
    What next?
    What I really want to do is Security and Exchange. I guess I'm just tired of doing the Support thing. I've been doing it for so long that when this opportunity came about I was really interested. I just want to make sure that I don't grab another job, and end up hating it, just because I wanted to get out of the support gig.