For anyone interested in pursuing Juniper M-Series certs,
or anyone who's just curious, Juniper added the JNCIP
and JNCIE books to the existing set.

Check it out:

http://www.juniper.net/training/certification/books.html
Lab first, ask questions later

Comments

• NetworkGodNetworkGod Member Posts: 236 ■■■□□□□□□□
    that's awesome, too bad i'm too booked with Microsoft books and Cisco right now, but when i finally get my MCSE and CCNP i'll definetely move on to Juniper :)
    What one man can do another can do.

(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
    (")_(")domination.

- CCNA - CCDA - BCMSN - BSCI -
    - 70-270 -
  • Solaris_UNIXSolaris_UNIX Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for posting this!

I added +1 to your rep.

ps -e -o pid | xargs -t -n1 pfiles | grep "port: $PORT"

dtrace -n 'syscall::write:entry { @num[zonename] = count(); }'

http://get.a.clue.de/Fun/advsh.html

http://www.perturb.org/display/entry/462/
  • KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    Thanks for posting this!

I added +1 to your rep.

+1 from me too.
    Kam.
  • toufiqtoufiq Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

But I think these books were already available on Juniper site for free download.I mean is there any difference between these books and already available book on juniper site.

Regards,
    Toufiq
  • seraphusseraphus Member Posts: 307
    toufiq wrote: »
    Hi,

But I think these books were already available on Juniper site for free download.I mean is there any difference between these books and already available book on juniper site.

Regards,
    Toufiq

If you're referring to the M-series books, they are the same.
    Though the link is over 2 years old, perhaps they just discovered it.
    Lab first, ask questions later
  • curtisdaleycurtisdaley Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    aren't juniper certs free right now?
  • curtisdaleycurtisdaley Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Think the JNCIA study guide i got off their website is going to be read through thoroughly, might aswell make the most of this free opportunity! JNCIA alongside CCNA3 Explo off the Net Acad, going to be a juggling act!
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    JNCIA alongside CCNA3 Explo off the Net Acad, going to be a juggling act!

Wanted to drop off a good luck. That'll be a challenging feat to pull off but with the right dedication if definitely can be done. Then just imagine the career potential you'll be setting yourself up with. Knowing how to use Juniper and Cisco is a great way to launch your career.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Aldur wrote: »
    Wanted to drop off a good luck. That'll be a challenging feat to pull off but with the right dedication if definitely can be done. Then just imagine the career potential you'll be setting yourself up with. Knowing how to use Juniper and Cisco is a great way to launch your career.

Aldur (not to thread jack but I have a question)

I am going to go for the JNCIA-ER after I am doing the CCNA to finish up this year strong :)

I was going to the to use the for dummies book on the Junos and the material on the website. With about 2 months of studying do you think it would be enough?
  • hoogen82hoogen82 Member Posts: 272
    Hmm.. for the ER.. not exactly worthwhile reading JUNOS for Dummies...But its a good for starters..But since you got the CCNA covered.. your basics would be strong..

Here are my suggestions.. and all material is available on the fast track site..

Follow those steps and you should be good..

juniper.net/fasttrack..

Most important is to read the student guide given.. the OJRE class...
    2 months of study should suffice.. try to build an olive.. would be helpful in furthering your studies...
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
    knwminus wrote: »

I am going to go for the JNCIA-ER after I am doing the CCNA to finish up this year strong :)

I was going to the to use the for dummies book on the Junos and the material on the website. With about 2 months of studying do you think it would be enough?

I agree with hoogen on this matter. The dummies book on Junos might be a little basic but it wouldn't hurt. And the fast track program is going to be your best friend for sure. You'll have the study guides plus some good walk throughs in there.

Also as hoogen mentioned building some olives would be increadibly helpful. I'd recommend checking out the thread recently started by seraphus, The 1U Olive, which is a great way to get an olive going, nice and cheap :D

I'd say two months of studying would definitely be plenty of time to pick up the JNCIA-ER. I suppose that it all really matters on how much you study but I'd say it can be done in 2 months for sur.

-Bender
    hoogen82 wrote: »
    Hmm.. for the ER.. not exactly worthwhile reading JUNOS for Dummies...But its a good for starters..But since you got the CCNA covered.. your basics would be strong..

Here are my suggestions.. and all material is available on the fast track site..

Follow those steps and you should be good..

juniper.net/fasttrack..

Most important is to read the student guide given.. the OJRE class...
    2 months of study should suffice.. try to build an olive.. would be helpful in furthering your studies...

Thanks for the reply. Since I don't have access to the JUnos I think I may buy a J Series router (if they extend the free certs to 2010).
    I agree with hoogen on this matter. The dummies book on Junos might be a little basic but it wouldn't hurt. And the fast track program is going to be your best friend for sure. You'll have the study guides plus some good walk throughs in there.

Also as hoogen mentioned building some olives would be increadibly helpful. I'd recommend checking out the thread recently started by seraphus, The 1U Olive, which is a great way to get an olive going, nice and cheap :D

I'd say two months of studying would definitely be plenty of time to pick up the JNCIA-ER. I suppose that it all really matters on how much you study but I'd say it can be done in 2 months for sur.

Well since I don't have any knowledge of JunOS so maybe basic is where I should start.
    Thanks for the reply. Since I don't have access to the JUnos I think I may buy a J Series router (if they extend the free certs to 2010).

Buying some old J2300's is still a good way to go. With the ER track there are services that you can't practice on an olive.
    Well since I don't have any knowledge of JunOS so maybe basic is where I should start.

Definitely wouldn't hurt :D The more knowledge you get the better you'll be.

-Bender
    Buying some old J2300's is still a good way to go. With the ER track there are services that you can't practice on an olive.

Definitely wouldn't hurt :D The more knowledge you get the better you'll be.

I may. Maybe if they extend the free certs to 2010. I think that a combo of JNCIA+ CCNP would be Killer for where I want to go (the ISP/Telco). Hopefully they will because that would be great. But even the old J2300s are like an arm and a leg. Maybe I can talk with my job and get a copy of the JunOS
    I may. Maybe if they extend the free certs to 2010. I think that a combo of JNCIA+ CCNP would be Killer for where I want to go (the ISP/Telco). Hopefully they will because that would be great. But even the old J2300s are like an arm and a leg. Maybe I can talk with my job and get a copy of the JunOS

There's a good chance they'll extend the fast track program with the vouchers but they may not be 100% off. In the past they started at 100% off, then went to 50% off, then back to 100% off. So it's safe to assume that they'll still be discounted in 2010 but maybe not totally free.

Oh yea, having Juniper + Cisco skills is killer in an ISP environment. Most ISP's have a mix of Juniper and Cisco equipment so knowing how to work both is a great way to get yourself in there and become very valuable.

-Bender
    There's a good chance they'll extend the fast track program with the vouchers but they may not be 100% off. In the past they started at 100% off, then went to 50% off, then back to 100% off. So it's safe to assume that they'll still be discounted in 2010 but maybe not totally free.

Oh yea, having Juniper + Cisco skills is killer in an ISP environment. Most ISP's have a mix of Juniper and Cisco equipment so knowing how to work both is a great way to get yourself in there and become very valuable.

I keep looking at the site and it is really making me want to go for it. At this point the only thing holding me back is the fact that I have no access to the JunOS or a router. If they extend it I will make a purchase for a Jseries for my CCNA/CCNP lab and go from there. IMO I really want to know why they are giving away from there certs....
    IMO I really want to know why they are giving away from there certs....

The biggest reason behind it is to get people skilled and certified in Juniper products. More skilled people means the more people who will be able to work with Juniper gear, which in turn will equal more sales. Plus from what I've seen Juniper's sales have been going like hot cakes so they need certified ppl to work the equipment.

It all really boils down to that the more people who are comfortable/skilled in working with Juniper equipment the more likely they are going to give their vote of confidence when new Juniper equipment comes rolling in to replace old equipment.

Take advantage of it while you can :D

-Bender
    The biggest reason behind it is to get people skilled and certified in Juniper products. More skilled people means the more people who will be able to work with Juniper gear, which in turn will equal more sales. Plus from what I've seen Juniper's sales have been going like hot cakes so they need certified ppl to work the equipment.

It all really boils down to that the more people who are comfortable/skilled in working with Juniper equipment the more likely they are going to give their vote of confidence when new Juniper equipment comes rolling in to replace old equipment.

Take advantage of it while you can :D

Ok. Even though I know you are biased :) I you sold ,me. I think Jncia-ER will be on my list to do before the end of the year. I know it will be difficult but I will pull it off.
    Ok. Even though I know you are biased :) I you sold ,me. I think Jncia-ER will be on my list to do before the end of the year. I know it will be difficult but I will pull it off.

lol, me biased, naaa ;)

Don't forget about us here if you get stuck on anything :D

-Bender
    lol, me biased, naaa ;)

Don't forget about us here if you get stuck on anything :D

will do. And thanks for the request.
  • Ryuksapple84Ryuksapple84 Member Posts: 183

If you have your CCNA, then I would suggest that you just take a week or 2 out and learn how Juniper operates within the realm of networking and protocols.
    I have been studying for about a week and I think I maybe ready for it in the next 2 days. I have read that the JNCIA-ER exam is very basic.
    Eating humble pie.
  • zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you have your CCNA, then I would suggest that you just take a week or 2 out and learn how Juniper operates within the realm of networking and protocols.
    I have been studying for about a week and I think I maybe ready for it in the next 2 days. I have read that the JNCIA-ER exam is very basic.

Ya, it shouldn't be too tough if you have CCNA level understanding.

See the exam topic list here:
    Enterprise Routing Certification Track - Juniper Networks

And it is based of the content of the OJRE course material from the FastTrack. As a hint, you see can see J-Web is mentioned a number of times in the course material. As a cli guy myself, I generally ignore the chapters and examples of web guis and stuff; for any vendor really, juniper, cisco, alu, nokia, etc. But seeing it does show up in the course material here a number of times you may want to be familiar with the gui, even if you're strictly a cli guy like myself. Just saying...
  • sureshbabu16sureshbabu16 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks for the links posted
  • NewInBussinesNewInBussines Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

Do you know if there are any simulators for Juniper, like Packet Tracer for Cisco?

Thanks

-Bender