Advice for JNCIA-ER

Ryuksapple84Ryuksapple84 Member Posts: 183
I just got my CCNA Security about 2 weeks ago and I was advised to get my JNCIA-ER for our network.

Any of you guys have a Juniper cert? Got any advice for the ER exam? Is it hard? Would you be able to give me a brief overview of the exam?

Thanks a lot.
Eating humble pie.

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I think that's one of the "Fast Track" options -- check out the information here: Fast Track Program - Routing and Switching Certification - Juniper Networks

It was nice of Juniper to do the JUNOS as a 2nd Language online training for all the people who are native Cisco IOS admins. :D

I'll also move this to the Juniper Certifications - TechExams.net IT Certification Forums where the Juniper crowd is more likely to trip over your thread.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Considering the recent changes in the certification program, you may want to consider JNCIA-JUNOS. It will be the base A-level certification for Enterprise, Service Provider, and Security. The JNCIA-ER and JNCIS-ER are on their way out.
  • Ryuksapple84Ryuksapple84 Member Posts: 183
    zoidberg wrote: »
    Considering the recent changes in the certification program, you may want to consider JNCIA-JUNOS. It will be the base A-level certification for Enterprise, Service Provider, and Security. The JNCIA-ER and JNCIS-ER are on their way out.

That I did not know. I am too far along and invested to change my course now. After the ER, I will go for the Junos then.

Thanks for the info.
    Eating humble pie.
  • stuh84stuh84 Member Posts: 503
    According to the new tracks, you can still use the JNCIA-ER as an equivalent to the JNCIA-Junos, so you can then go to the ENT and SP tracks. Thats what I understood from it anyway.
    Work In Progress: CCIE R&S Written

CCIE Progress - Hours reading - 15, hours labbing - 1
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    stuh84 wrote: »
    According to the new tracks, you can still use the JNCIA-ER as an equivalent to the JNCIA-Junos, so you can then go to the ENT and SP tracks. Thats what I understood from it anyway.

yup, this is how i understood it too.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ya, i believe that is the case. so if you're already well on your way to jncia-er, then there's no point backtracking and looking at the jncia-junos.

the jncis-ent will include switching stuff as well if you pursue that route. the jncis-er does not, so that may be something to consider as you pick your path. you may want to grab the jncia-ex material off the fast track site to help learn the switching stuff if you plan on going the jncis-ent route. i believe there's jncis-ent course material in development, but i don't recall when they said it would be available. i do believe it will be posted on the fast track. the service provider stuff will not be.