Options

Job Process in Maryland!

sputnic68sputnic68 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
After I completed my CCNP I started job searching for a cisco network engineer jop in Maryland because my wife was going to relocate there for her job. After some searching and posting my resume, I was on a phone interview with a company in the DC area. They required 5 years of experience and a CCNP. Four intense interviews later I was offered the job! Thanks to the CCNP that I worked for this spring and my experience that I had, I was able to impress them to hire me. So, basically I will be redesigning the VA hospital's network over the process of 5 years. Just wanted to show all of you how important getting the CCNP certification is. If I didn't have it they probably wouldn't even consider me for the job even though I had many years of experience. Also, they want me to get my CCIE within six months so that will be intense! I'll have to lock myself in a room and just think everything Cisco for six months.

Comments

• Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    sputnic68 wrote:
    After I completed my CCNP I started job searching for a cisco network engineer jop in Maryland because my wife was going to relocate there for her job. After some searching and posting my resume, I was on a phone interview with a company in the DC area. They required 5 years of experience and a CCNP. Four intense interviews later I was offered the job! Thanks to the CCNP that I worked for this spring and my experience that I had, I was able to impress them to hire me. So, basically I will be redesigning the VA hospital's network over the process of 5 years. Just wanted to show all of you how important getting the CCNP certification is. If I didn't have it they probably wouldn't even consider me for the job even though I had many years of experience. Also, they want me to get my CCIE within six months so that will be intense! I'll have to lock myself in a room and just think everything Cisco for six months.

Awesome! I'm happy for you man. CCNP is a hell of a certification. So how do you think you will do on the CCIE? Congrats.
  • Options
    YankeeYankee Member Posts: 157
    I am in the DC area too. Maryland is weak on the high tech jobs but Northern Virginia is full of them, especially if you have an active high level security clearance. I am pretty sure they want you to have the CCIE so they can bill their customer a lot more per hour for your time icon_redface.gif
    Six months to prep for the lab ain't much time if you don't already have a major head start on your studying!

Yankee
  • Options
    wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    Also, they want me to get my CCIE within six months so that will be intense! I'll have to lock myself in a room and just think everything Cisco for six months.

Well done on the new job

Ive heard a lot of people say get the written done while CCNP is still fresh in your mind.
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • Options
    tunerXtunerX Member Posts: 447 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I agree with Yankee. 6 Months isn't that long to study for the CCIE Lab. I did the R&S written 3 months after finishing the CCNP, and still felt lost with many of the topics. I studied several hours a day at work and several more at home. I did this 7 days a week.

Unless you have been working intensely with "*ALL*" of the CCIE required objectives for several years, you will have a difficult time. Many CCIEs have failed the lab once. Many more people have failed it many times.

I did the CCNP and CCDP in 3.5 months. I have been studying for the CCIE Lab for the last 9. I think I may be ready in about 6-8 more months.