Passed 293 Today

I slipped through the 293 today by the skin of my teeth. I got a 717. I used MS Press, CBT Nuggets, and the O'Reilly MCSE Core Required Exams in a Nutshell book. I also read the Examcram Mega Guide. I used ucertify, the practice exams in the 293 MS CD, and the free ones on proprofs. On to the 294!

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • krauserkrauser Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    A pass is a pass, congratulations.
  • shon541shon541 Member Posts: 136
    Congrats! I would take a 717 score for this test.
  • TechnitoTechnito Member Posts: 152
    Congratz! It pays and feels good to have this exam behind you :)
    Knowledge is being an Architect, no matter what field.....
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'd take a 717. Do you want to go take it again for me? :p

Congrats on the pass.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • willhi1979willhi1979 Member Posts: 191
    Thanks all. A 717 isn't bad, but I've been making higher on them. Devilsbane, how's the studying going? I wouldn't want to deprive you from the opportunity to pass another one. icon_lol.gif
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Not so great. Don't have the nuggets yet and the reading is slow. I really should just skip ahead, the DNS section is just dragging me down because it is nearly 100% review.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • willhi1979willhi1979 Member Posts: 191
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Not so great. Don't have the nuggets yet and the reading is slow. I really should just skip ahead, the DNS section is just dragging me down because it is nearly 100% review.

Yeah, the DNS Section was a snooze. It was good to reread it, but it was completely review. You might want to skip to the new stuff then do the practice test and see how you were doing. The IPSEC and RRAS stuff was a lot of review too.
  • motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    Congrats on the pass!!!
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!