Passed the JNCIA-ER

Ryuksapple84Ryuksapple84 Member Posts: 183
Hey Guys,

Passed my JNCIA-ER this morning, 98/100. The exam was a walk in the park compared to Cisco exams. Thank you very much to the people that gave me advice (Zoidberg)

Sean
Eating humble pie.

Comments

• TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Well alright and congratulations. one down and ? to go
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats man!!!
  • Ryuksapple84Ryuksapple84 Member Posts: 183
    TheShadow wrote: »
    Well alright and congratulations. one down and ? to go

Next on the list is JNCIA-EX. I think eventually I will go for the juniper Professional cert. I also want to go after my CCNP
    Eating humble pie.
    Thanks dude
    Eating humble pie.
  • Bert McGertBert McGert Member Posts: 122
    Congrats!

What did you use to prep? How long did you take to prep before going in for the exam?
  • PanderPander Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice one man! Congrats!
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Big congrats! icon_cheers.gif

Yea, I'd agree that the JNCIA-ER isn't as tough as the CCNA exam. Although to tell the truth I've never taken the JNCIA-ER, the other IA exams that I've taken weren't as hard as the CCNA.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
    Congrats!

What did you use to prep? How long did you take to prep before going in for the exam?

Bert,

All I did was read about 4-5 chapters of the study guide and play with a Router so I could understand the IOS. I spent about 2 weeks studying.
    I have my CCNA so this test was pretty easy if you already have the networking knowledge.

Thanks!
    Eating humble pie.
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Bert,

All I did was read about 4-5 chapters of the study guide and play with a Router so I could understand the IOS. I spent about 2 weeks studying.
    I have my CCNA so this test was pretty easy if you already have the networking knowledge.

Thanks!

Congrats man. Seriously?!?! 2 weeks of study? did you have any experiance before that or not? im looking to do the exam but duno if i have time but if its as "easy" as your making out i may study it along side my masters degree.

Does anyone else have any opinions of this exam re the difficulty?

Cheers
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
    nel wrote: »
    Congrats man. Seriously?!?! 2 weeks of study? did you have any experiance before that or not? im looking to do the exam but duno if i have time but if its as "easy" as your making out i may study it along side my masters degree.

Does anyone else have any opinions of this exam re the difficulty?

Cheers

We have Juniper routers on our network. I did it in 2 weeks and studied about 3 hours every day... or something like that. But I think I over studied. If you just do the fast track, watch the videos and read the pdf, all the exam info is on there.

Let me know if you need any of that, I can email it to you.

Thanks again!
    Eating humble pie.
  • zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats.

Continuing onto the JNCIS-ER?