Options

Thanks everyone

narfsalotnarfsalot Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I would like to thank everyone here for posting about their Security+ successes and even failures.. I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks and the support you gave OTHERS really boosted ME. Much like the support a coach at the starting gate yelling for his guy to go take care of business. It really got me motivated and confident.

I took it today and scored an 855 even though I thought I was bombing it.. I studied the Sybex books three times (big book once and review book twice) and was scoring 90 to 100 on the end chapter tests. I will say there was material the books didn't really seem to cover too well or at all. The ones I didn't know I could whittle down to 50% chance at least... in any case 855 gets the job done.

Thanks all! :c )

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It's always great to welcome members to the forum with a solid pass. Congratulations!
  • Options
    cbsharpe0824cbsharpe0824 Member Posts: 153
    That is great news my friend! What's next?
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Welcome to the forum and congratulations!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats man. Welcome to TE!!!
  • Options
    PanderPander Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good job narfsalot, congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    Congrats! Security+ is next on my hit list. Any thoughts about the exam or the text you used?
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats and welcome to the club! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    narfsalotnarfsalot Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks all.. next up is a Java Cert :c )

Sybex was fine.. but definitely not end-all-be-all of knowledge.. good enough though.

I would say also that don't second guess yourself.. the answer you want is the one that makes the most sense to the choices provided. Don't think too far into it.. or you might over-think what is asked.
  • Options
    chuckleschuckles Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□