CISSP Ready Gauge?

hustlin_moe20hustlin_moe20 Member Posts: 225
Hey hey,

As everyone studies and passes/fails the CISSP exam ahead of me, I wonder what was used to gauge your exam readiness. Were you using CCCure.org's questions to measure it? Other sources? I'm preparing for the exam and score a consistent 80% on the CCCure site. I'm using 100 question tests on Pro with the time turned on.

Does anyone know what they were scoring before they passed the exam and if I'm close to ready? I'm sure there's a pattern or trend somewhere.

Comments

• jomo_1jomo_1 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think it's difficult to gauge based on specific measures - for me it was more of an overall confidence level you should feel based on the combination of materials and questions you have studied, but obviously doing well on tests does build your confidence. For the record, I was getting approx 80% in the cccure exams prior to passing the exam. Remember that there are several outdated questions in the cccure exams that are no longer relevant so you shouldn't be too concerned as long as you're scoring 70 on average.
  • cvisionzcvisionz Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I did use the cccure.org exam questions, but just like jomo, I was only scoring about 80% on all of them before I sat for the real exam. I did find that the material helped. I would also highly recomend the "- CISSP Aide-memoire by Eric Allaire" which is also available for download from cccure.org. You may need a magnifying glass to read it, but it came in real handy when cramming the night before and the morning of the test. If you know everything inside and out on the sheets and *understand* what the stuff means, you'll do fine. Also remember the correct "(ISC)2 answer to the following scenario-based questions:

A fire erupts from one of the servers in a secure area, and your colleague is burning and thrashing violently. What do you do?

a) Wait for the dry-pipe water supression system to kick in and extinguish the server and the burning man.

b) Immediately grab the nearest fire extinguisher rated for class-B fires and provide aid to your colleague. Call for immediate help.

c) Expeditiously flee the area and close the door behind you for the positive pressure Halon gas system to remove the oxygen in the room thus putting out the fire(s).

d) Calmly contact executive management for approval to extinguish the fire, or request a fire fighting technician via the service desk. Meanwhile ensure all secure/classified information stays away from the fire and the raving, burning man.

***ANSWER***
    (ISC)2 answer: D. icon_wink.gif
  • hustlin_moe20hustlin_moe20 Member Posts: 225
    cvisionz wrote: »
    I did use the cccure.org exam questions, but just like jomo, I was only scoring about 80% on all of them before I sat for the real exam. I did find that the material helped. I would also highly recomend the "- CISSP Aide-memoire by Eric Allaire" which is also available for download from cccure.org. You may need a magnifying glass to read it, but it came in real handy when cramming the night before and the morning of the test. If you know everything inside and out on the sheets and *understand* what the stuff means, you'll do fine. Also remember the correct "(ISC)2 answer to the following scenario-based questions:

A fire erupts from one of the servers in a secure area, and your colleague is burning and thrashing violently. What do you do?

a) Wait for the dry-pipe water supression system to kick in and extinguish the server and the burning man.

b) Immediately grab the nearest fire extinguisher rated for class-B fires and provide aid to your colleague. Call for immediate help.

c) Expeditiously flee the area and close the door behind you for the positive pressure Halon gas system to remove the oxygen in the room thus putting out the fire(s).

d) Calmly contact executive management for approval to extinguish the fire, or request a fire fighting technician via the service desk. Meanwhile ensure all secure/classified information stays away from the fire and the raving, burning man.

***ANSWER***
    (ISC)2 answer: D. icon_wink.gif

Holy moly. There's no way I'm going to pass this exam if I get many of those questions. ISC2 drills employee safety first and then drops in something like this? Ok, I'm confused now.
    Holy moly. There's no way I'm going to pass this exam if I get many of those questions. ISC2 drills employee safety first and then drops in something like this? Ok, I'm confused now.

Nah-- just making a joke that it seems like the correct answer to any question is "Management approval". icon_wink.gif
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I'm glad "D" isn't the correct answer. icon_eek.gif

Any answer that favors human life and safety above all else is probably the correct way to go.
    JDMurray wrote: »
    I'm glad "D" isn't the correct answer. icon_eek.gif

Any answer that favors human life and safety above all else is probably the correct way to go.

JD,

You have now put my mind back into it's correct mode. I knew I was right lol.
    JD,

You have now put my mind back into it's correct mode. I knew I was right lol.

jeeez.. tough crowd. icon_rolleyes.gif I must not have emphasized it was a joke, and was making my point through over-exaggeration.

Let me be reprhase it then. If you get a question on the exam that contains the phrases "Management's approval" or "Management's discretion" in the answer, there is greater than 75% chance that is the correct answer.
    cvisionz wrote: »
    jeeez.. tough crowd. icon_rolleyes.gif I must not have emphasized it was a joke, and was making my point through over-exaggeration.

Let me be reprhase it then. If you get a question on the exam that contains the phrases "Management's approval" or "Management's discretion" in the answer, there is greater than 75% chance that is the correct answer.
    Ah,
    Now I see. That's a bit of info I can use lol. I knew you were joking anyways. How's Saudi?