Cert check

SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
I am trying to validate the CISSP certification of a person who contacted me on LikedIn, Joesph K Black, of Black and Berg Security Consulting. Now I won't go into specifics yet, until I get more info, but I have some doubts.

I saw this thread:

http://www.techexams.net/forums/isc-sscp-cissp/32731-cissp-holders.html

and used the public locator and was unable to find him, I don't have his CISSP number to validate him on the verification link.

Can someone look him up for me?

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    The cert holder's (ISC)2 membership number is required to verify certifcation.
  • SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Well that is unfortunate. I think it is possible this guy has passed the CISSP, and may even be a CISSP, but he claims to be a Security Architect at Black and Berg, while it looks like to me he's the founder. Says hes a Private Defense contractor, but it looks like his contract is from his other company, Maze and Associates. I think hes trying to claim to be a private contractor on his own.

Joe Black - LinkedIn

So I looked him up on google and found his youtube channel. Nothing too crazy, but a video for an application as an instructor at a college. (The guy has less than six years experience, less than that in IT Security. All of his videos are commented on by a spammer named "lisasuzanneberg" perhaps the Berg in Black and Berg?

On every video of his she claims: "Wow! This stuff is really practical and easy to implement without making drastic lifestyle changes. I would definitely recommend these videos to my friends!"

Yes, that includes his biography.

I don't know, he seems like he is just a guy trying to survive in these tough times, but is he going about it the wrong way? Or am I over-analyzing?

EDIT: he has his certs on his FB, CISSP is legit.
  • wastedtimewastedtime Member Posts: 586 ■■■■□□□□□□
    A bit odd. I like how his website gives a 404 error code. I am not sure what to think of it but I do get a fishy smell from it. You get that a lot on LinkedIn though. I once had a guy comment on a discussion on how the government doesn't share classified information with the private side when it came to computer security. Did a bit of research on him and found he did a few years in prison for computer fraud among other things computer related.
    lol, I think I might have seen that post. What disturbs me the most is that he is recruiting for a "civilian Cyberarmy"

Yes, you heard me.

from his message to me:

Good to hear from you.

We have intelligence that suggests the Rockefeller-Snowe Cybersecurity Act of 2010 is GOING TO BE SIGNED BY THE PRESIDENT.

If you read that legislation carefully, it is obvious that the private sector is going to have much more responsibility in securing our national critical infrastructure in the future.

That legislation along with the NICE (National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education) campaign, sheds some light on the future of Cyberwarfare.

The bottom line is that America is under attack via Cyberspace. The US military just named Cyberspace the 5th domain of warfare preceded by land, sea, air, and space. Our intention at Black & Berg is to support the US Cybercommand from the private sector. The US Cybercommand consists of > 1000 of the world's best hackers and spies. At Black & Berg we are private defense contractors for the DoD (CAGE Code 5ZUU4) and we are already > 100 strong. Our private Cyberarmy consists of the best hackers and Information Security professionals from the private sector.

We are organizing. There is a Cyberwar on the horizon and the private sector will benefit greatly from organizing early.

Our intent is 100% defensive, even though the Internet is not designed well for a defensive effort. It gives the advantage to offensive operations, yet we will focus on defense at first. We are educating kids and adults in responsible and safe use of the Internet and raising the awareness of the entire country. After we are established as a credible source in the Information Security field we will begin to look at possible offensive operations. At which time we will be prepared to deceive, deny, disrupt, degrade and destroy our enemies information and computers.

But for now we will play nice
    . For now we will focus on education and compliment the Governments NICE program.

I hope I helped answer any of your question! :) "

So now, B&B is the cover for his cyberarmy, that wants to perform defensive security of the internet, just until we get their trust, THEN WE ATTACK! Because we know how easy it is to find the true perpetrators of a cyber attack. And Its okay for us as civilians to "assist" the government in warfare without permission.

Oh and by the way, the reason his site is down, it got hit with a "massive cyber attack." Great job at securing the internet. I think i'm going to warn a few people about this company, I truly believe their(his) intentions are as altruistic as they claim.
    Seems to be about the equivalent of the Westboro Baptist Church. His group on LinkedIn had 6 people. Also a CAGE code doesn't mean anything. Anyone can go apply for one. Bottom line this guy seems a bit....out there.
    agreed, anyone know who(agency) is in charge of DoD contracts? I would like to drop them a line...
    SephStorm wrote: »
    agreed, anyone know who(agency) is in charge of DoD contracts? I would like to drop them a line...

Not sure, but I would assume Defense Logistics Agency (DLA).
  • LuieLuie Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    wastedtime wrote: »
    Not sure, but I would assume Defense Logistics Agency (DLA).

Or Defense Contract Management Agency (dcma.mil).
    I'll go with DCMA. They might have an office near me, I'll see if I can drop in. Thanks for all the help :)
    Whats up za3bour? I am kind of confused about the content of your post.

And Mr. Berg, I'm no lawyer, but i'm pretty sure the tagline you are using on your facebook: "I'm CEO *****" Is probably copyrighted by the company that produced The Social Network. And I must say that it, along with some of the pictures on your facebook are very professional.
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Whats up za3bour? I am kind of confused about the content of your post.

And Mr. Berg, I'm no lawyer, but i'm pretty sure the tagline you are using on your facebook: "I'm CEO *****" Is probably copyrighted by the company that produced The Social Network. And I must say that it, along with some of the pictures on your facebook are very professional.

Oh sorry I think I've misunderstood what you said. I will edit my post :)
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    .. And I must say that it, along with some of the pictures on your facebook are very professional.

I found this as a comment under one of the pictures:
    Wikileaks WARNING: "Joe Black" is one of America's Offensive Cyberweapons.

icon_cool.gif
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

It appears Mr. Black decided to leave our community, and remove his post... anyone have a copy? ... oh wait, I do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Member Posts: 0 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    I seriously can't stop laughing. The facebook pictures are just too much !
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It used to be possible to verify people based on names (not sure on ISC2, but Microsoft did), but due to all sorts or privacy concerns over the past decade or so, everything has been locked down.

It is kind of saddening, just helps out all of the liars out there since the only way you can verify is with their permission, and if they know it isn't true they won't give you permission.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
This discussion has been closed.