MS Exchange 2010 (MS Course 10135A)

My employer has paid for me to go to the MS Course 10135A (Configuring, Managing and Troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange Server 2010) this week and it starts tomorrow. I'm excited to learn about Exchange as I've passed the 70-284 exam on Exchange 2003 but haven't even looked at 2007 let alone 2010. I have gone through the CBTNuggets video on PowerShell so my hope is that will help.

Anyone taken this course? Any suggestions? This will be my first time in a dedicated, week long course in IT. Except for two course on 70-290/70-291 paid for by the State of MN, everything I've learned has been self-taught. I'm looking forward to just sitting back and being taught. :)
1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012

Comments

• joey74055joey74055 Member Posts: 216
    Hi, I sat this course back in June. I thought that it was a very good course, the instructor you have makes a big difference. I liked the books and labs they had us do. There wasn't much on transitioning from previous versions of exchange and there isn't much on planning and designing but I believe they now have a sepereate course for that. Overall I give the course an A.
  • genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    Yep, there is a seperate design course for which I'm registered for in January. Looking forward to that one too! Thanks for the heads up!
  • genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    Well, you were right. It really is dependant on the instructor. So far I'm getting very little out of this course and will just have to go through the entire CBTNuggets series and buy the MS Press book. What a waste of time & money.