friday I take the RHCE

CRAP! I am currently in the fast track course and I plan on taking my test on friday. Anyone have any words or wisdom?

I have an idea of what I am getting into since I have my RHCT

Thanks will post how it goes

Comments

• darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    Be calm. Take your time. Do things right the first time, double-check that they're correct, then move on and forget it. Only go back to other sections if you have extra time at the end. Don't spend too much time in any one section. You can pass with a 70%, I believe.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Therhino wrote: »
    Anyone have any words or wisdom?

Just relax and remember your training. Other than that, remember: the worst that can happen is that everything can go straight to hell. icon_lol.gif

Seriously, though, I'm sure you'll knock it out of the park. Let us know how it goes.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • varelgvarelg Banned Posts: 790
    Hmmm the silence is deafening... unless it was a rough RHCE celebration party and the newly minted RHCE is taking the Labor Day weekend to recuperate...
  • TherhinoTherhino Member Posts: 122
    varelg wrote: »
    Hmmm the silence is deafening... unless it was a rough RHCE celebration party and the newly minted RHCE is taking the Labor Day weekend to recuperate...

TRUE!!!!

Passed the RHCT 100%
    Passed the RHCE 87%

I was very excited got my results back really late that night. By far one of the most difficult tests I have taken in my entire life. Definitely glad it is over
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That's awesome, congratulations!

What did you use for prep?
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!! How long have you been using/working on linux?
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!!!!!
  • varelgvarelg Banned Posts: 790
    TRUE!!!!

Passed the RHCT 100%
    Passed the RHCE 87%

I was very excited got my results back really late that night. By far one of the most difficult tests I have taken in my entire life. Definitely glad it is over
    I am currently working on my Psychic+ certification. Should be ready any time soon icon_lol.gif
    Congratulations! That's an awesome score!icon_cheers.gif Anything else beside your experience and the course that contributed to your success at this exam?
  • leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    Awesome... very nice work!
    Dustin Leefers
    Woot! Another RHCE in the forums. Help out all these linux newbs!
    knwminus wrote: »
    Congrats!!! How long have you been using/working on linux?

I have been working with 2 years solid...when I say solid I received my last position and the second week I deleted all remnants of windows on my network to force myself.
    dynamik wrote: »
    That's awesome, congratulations!

What did you use for prep?

Jang book like everyone. A good bit of on the job training and the fast track course. I think combined they all played there small roles.
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats on your pass!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have been working with 2 years solid...when I say solid I received my last position and the second week I deleted all remnants of windows on my network to force myself.

Hell yea. Awesome dude.
  • Chris:/*Chris:/* Member Posts: 658 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations,

Great Scores, most people I know who pass the RHCE first time are usually in the mid 70s to low 80s.

I have to wait till I take a trip back to the states to take the RHCE they do not offer it in Japan.

I can travel to Korea, China, Philippines or Taiwan to take it but the prices come out much higher with travel costs.

Congrats again.
    Degrees:
    M.S. Information Security and Assurance
    B.S. Computer Science - Summa Cum Laude
    A.A.S. Electronic Systems Technology
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Congrats !!! Great to see more RHCEs :)

I will be RHCE soon, in few months hopefuly :)
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE