I passed!!!!!!!!!!!

security techsecurity tech Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone -

I passed my Security+ exam Saturday morning. Sorry for the late post, but i promised myself, as soon as I passed, was going to take time for myself.

I would like to thank everyone on this forum for their encouragement and support. A special Thank You to Darril Gibson!!!! His book, blogs and twitter messages are the reason why I passed. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to take the exam or someone who wants to further their knowledge of security concepts.

Oh my score was 782. Not the best score, but a pass is a pass!!!

Comments

• security techsecurity tech Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Off to my Network+, yeah, I know backwards. But for my job duties, I need to be a bit more technical. Jan. 2011, start preparing for my CISSP.:D
  • LinuxRacrLinuxRacr Member Posts: 653 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good job, and congrats!!!icon_cheers.gif
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratz! :)

What next after that deserved rest?
  • cbsharpe0824cbsharpe0824 Member Posts: 153
    Congratulations and don't worry about the score, a pass is a pass my friend! I should be receiving Darril's book any day now as I am preparing to take the security + test in October....
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the pass!
    Darrils book, from what I've heard, is great. I'm using another of his books in my 70-647 studies and it's another good reading book.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Excellent, way to go!

P.S. I told you so :p
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I had no doubt you would pass! Don't dwell on your score so much....no one cares! They only want to see that you are certified. 87% is pretty much a B+, anyway!! But I knew you could do it!

Congratulations, my friend!
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Excellent, way to go!

P.S. I told you so :p

You sure did!:D
    erpadmin wrote: »
    I had no doubt you would pass! Don't dwell on your score so much....no one cares! They only want to see that you are certified. 87% is pretty much a B+, anyway!! But I knew you could do it!

Congratulations, my friend!

Thank you so much!! I really appreciate your encouragement throughout my journey.
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats man!! Keep the train moving :)
  • K_RichK_Rich Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!! 782 is a good score and you know to yourself that you have the knowledge. That is what really matters, not just having the cert.
    I have known to many people that have the certs but do not know diddly squat. Everyone knows a few of the paper tigers!!

Great Job.
  • chuckleschuckles Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!icon_thumright.gif
  • Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats .icon_cheers.gif
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • reginafryereginafrye Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass...I'm preparing to take the cert again. This will be my 2nd time trying. What did you use to study? Thx...
    reginafrye wrote: »
    Congrats on your pass...I'm preparing to take the cert again. This will be my 2nd time trying. What did you use to study? Thx...

You will pass this time around. Make sure you look over the objective to ensure you understand the material. Understanding the material is an essential part in passing the exam.

I used Darril Gibson's book
    Darril's twitter messages
    Darril's blogs
    Darril's youtube video's
    Proproof practice questions
    Technotes
    Tech Practice Exams