Options

Passed 701 today!!!!

wademmwademm Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Not bad for an old guy. After retiring with AT&T after 31 years, I wasn't ready to just go fishing or watch TV. Now at 52 years old, I still got what it takes. Passed on the first try and plan to take 702 in a couple of weeks.

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats and welcome to TE!
  • Options
    biker_dudebiker_dude Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats from one old guy to another...:)

What did you use to study?
  • Options
    kidainnykidainny Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif

Remember, they are lifetime certs if passed before the end of the year!!

Good luck on the 702!
  • Options
    steve2012steve2012 Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats & good luck on the 702, (i found the 702 was a little more challenging).icon_razz.gif
  • Options
    brewdbrewd Member Posts: 56 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! If I may add to kidainny's post, CompTIA's A+, Network+ and Security+ certifications are lifelong certs only through the end of this year. They are all good certs to obtain and after this year will require Continuing Education requirements each 3 years.
  • Options
    leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    Well done!
    Dustin Leefers
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yes, once you complete the A+, Network+ and Security+ by 12/31/2010, they are yours forever. Starting on 1/1/2011, the certs are only valid for three years and require recertification.

I did take my Network+ a couple of weeks after I passed my A+, and Security+ wasn't completed until 5 years later (a couple of weeks ago... :) ). Once you pass Network+ after your second A+ exam, get Darril Gibson's Security+ Get Certified Get Ahead. You get that book, you'll definitely have the trinity. :D

Congrats on part 1, and good luck on part 2! Make sure you get your trinity lifetimed!!
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats and welcome to the forum!
  • Options
    simtechsimtech Member Posts: 213
    Congrats and good luck on 702!
  • Options
    chuckleschuckles Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats from an even older guy icon_thumright.gif who passed both his this year!