Choices... choices

BluesKidBluesKid Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Any thoughts on the most marketable MCSE specialization?

I am slightly more interested in security than messaging however I have more experience with exchange (and its fewer tests!). It seems like they would both be in demand but I don’t have spies in all IT departments in all companies so I cant be sure which is in MORE of a demand right now.

Comments

• jd_mattosjd_mattos Member Posts: 134
    I work on a military base as a civilian, and they are HUGE on security because we deal with sensitive data. I am the network/systems admin in my building. I don't really need the certs because I have proved myself on the job, but I am going to go after CCSP just because I will get approval from the NSA.
    I would say that security is more in demand than exchange, but exchange is a very good skill to have. On the base I work they want a lot more security people than exchange.
    There is my 2 cents.
  • wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    I would agree and say Security is more marketable in todays climate. It can combine well with other certifications such as CCSP, CCSA, CCSE, CEH, CISSP.
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • BluesKidBluesKid Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys. I would tend to agree with you on that one. Everyone needs e-mail and security in their organization. One other thought would be to do get the MCSA: Messaging and then the MCSE: Security. That only adds one more test to the process but looks more impressive I think. Thoughts?