Mike Meyers' CompTIA Network+ Certification Passport,

laptoplaptop Member Posts: 214
is Mike Meyers' CompTIA Network+ Certification Passport equivalent to the All-in-one version?

If its the same except the historical part is gone, then i would save at least 25 bucks.

is Mike Meyers' CompTIA Network+ Certification Passport good enough?

Comments

• erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    laptop wrote: »
    is Mike Meyers' CompTIA Network+ Certification Passport equivalent to the All-in-one version?

If its the same except the historical part is gone, then i would save at least 25 bucks.

is Mike Meyers' CompTIA Network+ Certification Passport good enough?

IF you already know the topics, Passport might be fine. His Passport books were more of general overviews and not very much in depth. I felt comfortable using them after I went over the AIOs for stuff I might have needed brushing up on (from what I remember, of course).

If your knowledge is lacking, I do not recommend depending solely on the Passport. AIOs for A+/Network+ FTW, IMO.
  • laptoplaptop Member Posts: 214
    erpadmin wrote: »
    IF you already know the topics, Passport might be fine. His Passport books were more of general overviews and not very much in depth. I felt comfortable using them after I went over the AIOs for stuff I might have needed brushing up on (from what I remember, of course).

If your knowledge is lacking, I do not recommend depending solely on the Passport. AIOs for A+/Network+ FTW, IMO.

Thank you for replying.

I guess I'll buy the AIO Network+. Ordering it on amazon later tonight.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    The Passport series books are considered to be good review material, but aren't appropriate as stand-alone study guides unless you have many years' experience in the industry and just need a quick refresher before the exam. I'd recommend getting the All-In-One or perhaps the Sybex book as your primary source of study.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.