Passed 294 even though test kicked me out

DragonNOA1DragonNOA1 Member Posts: 149 ■■■□□□□□□□
There were 45 questions, I was reading question #40 when the exam terminated and said something along the lines of "an unofficial program has started." Well thanks for letting me know. The test exited and went back to the screen saying "start test". Great! I get to sit this thing all over again. Luckily clicking start was actually continuing where I left off. Prometric has gotten better over the years. You young whippersnappers don't know how much better the test engine is now than what it used to be.

I digress, on to the good stuff. 45 questions, 10 sims. The sims couldn't have been easier. While the test had many questions that seemed illogical to me, the sims were easy points and were done in seconds. Many of the questions, however, had me scratching my head on why they were doing it that way or what exactly they hoped to accomplish. I guess I was trying to redesign their network to be better than what the question was asking.

I knocked it out of the park on AD Infrastructure, sites, domains, etc. But be sure to study up on OU's and GPO's. Over half the test was on it. Know GPO inheritance, software installation, and pray you get 10 easy sims!

Not too bad. Study and you can do it too. On to 299 & 298, in that order.
The command line, an elegant weapon for a more civilized age

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • willhi1979willhi1979 Member Posts: 191
    Congrats and thanks for the info. The 294 is my next exam on the trek to the MCSE. Would you say the 294 is harder than the 293 or about the same?
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats. I look forward to one day being in your shoes.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    Congrats on the pass! Did it say what program was trying to launch? Hopefully that means they are proactive in trying to block screen capture programs and such.
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!
  • DragonNOA1DragonNOA1 Member Posts: 149 ■■■□□□□□□□
    willhi1979 wrote: »
    Congrats and thanks for the info. The 294 is my next exam on the trek to the MCSE. Would you say the 294 is harder than the 293 or about the same?

I had more to learn and practice for the 293. I knew most of the 294 material already from work. I think 294 is a tad bit harder because some of the questions weren't as clear to me.
    motogpman wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass! Did it say what program was trying to launch? Hopefully that means they are proactive in trying to block screen capture programs and such.

It did say but I didn't recognize it. Good to see that they monitor things like that.
    The command line, an elegant weapon for a more civilized age
  • tbgree00tbgree00 Member Posts: 553 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats man, I moved my test up to Saturday. Hopefully I'll be able to post about a success. I have been getting over 70% on measureup and wrote out a page on each topic I have the most trouble on. Measureup has weird questions that present a huge prompt and say "choose 9 out of these 13 choices to accomplish these goals". Really it becomes 4 or 5 questions in one but they are overwhelming. I've never seen more than choose 3 on a microsoft prompt.

My biggest problem is with No Override, Block Inheritance, and Deny Apply Policy. It gets confusing as to which one trumps the other.
    I finally started that blog - www.thomgreene.com
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats! I had that happen to me 3 times when I took mine.
  • kenny831kenny831 Member Posts: 266