1x 3640
1x 2801
1x 2522 as Frame relay
1x 2511 as Access Server

Switches
3x 2900XL
4x 2950
1x 3550

What else should I order to finish my CCIE home lab?

BR.

Comments

• peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would suggest at least an additional layer 3 switch (3550) and a 3560 if its affordable! With your 2801 router, 2611XM, and your 3640, you should be okay on routers! Lastly, you're going to need a generator for the rest of the house to use electricity! icon_wink.gif

icon_thumright.gif

Good luck!

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • yuriz43yuriz43 Member Posts: 121
    My advice (As I've said in other posts regarding this same topic), is to drop all of that gear and buy 2-4 Cisco 3550's or 3560's, and a decent dual/quad core system with at least 4 gigs of ram. Use Sun Quad NICS in the server, and you now have a hybrid dynamips lab. The only thing you need real hardware for can be done on the 3550's/3560's (Layer 2 stuff mainly).
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I also run a dynamips + real switches. I have had mine about a year and have no complaints. Only thing I would recommend is to make sure what ever nics you purchase will support dot1q packets.

Flickr: ciscotechtn's Photostream
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • yuriz43yuriz43 Member Posts: 121
    If you're running Linux you don't have to worry about your NIC supporting dot1q. It's supported in the kernel and can be done in software. This is something windows cannot do.
  • auosauos Member Posts: 186
    yuriz43 wrote: »
    My advice (As I've said in other posts regarding this same topic), is to drop all of that gear and buy 2-4 Cisco 3550's or 3560's, and a decent dual/quad core system with at least 4 gigs of ram. Use Sun Quad NICS in the server, and you now have a hybrid dynamips lab. The only thing you need real hardware for can be done on the 3550's/3560's (Layer 2 stuff mainly).

Daam, this is a very bad idea icon_sad.gif !!!
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    auos wrote: »
    Daam, this is a very bad idea icon_sad.gif !!!

why do you think its a bad idea? neither is bad one is you have alot of gear on hand ( which i still do not using it for anything I just do) and the other is you have minimum amount of gear. main thing to consider is what you may look at studying next that will require real gear.

did you look at the lab i had posted or any others that are out there? if your getting real gear for dirt prices run with it. if your paying more then 50/50 (virtual/real) should be considered. check out 7200emu.hacki.at :: Index this is the place for the 50/50 setups
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    Dynamips with real switches unless you like all the blinky blinky. It's not a bad idea either so I'd have to disagree with your comment on that. Any money saved could be used for buying vendor workbooks and other study materials.
  • tearofstearofs Member Posts: 112
    I was gonna say GNS3, but oh well, nvm icon_silent.gif