Completed my MCSE

smg1138smg1138 Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well, I finally managed to get my MCSE finished this week and I'm really relieved it's finally over. That last 70-298 design exam was pretty tough and I just squeaked by with a 737. The whole format is completely different than the previous exams. I feel like I've learned a lot from this, so I can only hope I'll have an opportunity to actually apply some of the knowledge I've gained in the real world. Needless to say, I'm ready for a break now. :)

Comments

• Chris:/*Chris:/* Member Posts: 658 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats, major accomplishment.
    Degrees:
    M.S. Information Security and Assurance
    B.S. Computer Science - Summa Cum Laude
    A.A.S. Electronic Systems Technology
  • varelgvarelg Banned Posts: 790
    Congratulations MCSE smg1138 :D:Dicon_cheers.gif That's no small feat! Of course you need a break, you deserve one! But I'll go ahead and guess that the break won't be a long one icon_wink.gif
    Not clear however which was the last exam you passed, there is a smiley instead of the last digit of the exam...
  • Mojo_666Mojo_666 Member Posts: 438
    Grats, the design exams are tough indeed.
  • kahnkahn Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats mate, as chrirs:/* said..major accomplishment indeed.
  • willhi1979willhi1979 Member Posts: 191
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats man! This is a milestone accomplished!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    Congrats on the pass!!!!!

Finally getting back to knocking this out, I should have kept up your our little group we had going at one time. Most of you guys have finished. What's next?
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!
  • smg1138smg1138 Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everybody. It feels really great to finally get it done. After my Bachelor's degree, this is definitely the biggest educational accomplishment of my life. I figure I probably studied over 9 months for all 7 exams. I actually broke down and paid the $10 to have MS send me the cert by mail. I think I'm going to frame it and hang it on the wall in my office.
  • willhi1979willhi1979 Member Posts: 191
    smg1138 wrote: »
    Thanks everybody. It feels really great to finally get it done. After my Bachelor's degree, this is definitely the biggest educational accomplishment of my life. I figure I probably studied over 9 months for all 7 exams. I actually broke down and paid the $10 to have MS send me the cert by mail. I think I'm going to frame it and hang it on the wall in my office.

You should order the other ones when you order it. I think additional certificates are only a $1.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    willhi1979 wrote: »
    You should order the other ones when you order it. I think additional certificates are only a $1.

That is my plan. I have MCP, and MCSA waiting. I think I'll hold off and order those with the MCSE:Security
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Hey dude! Get your MCITP asap. Took me 2 years to get my MCSE and 3 months to get my MCITP: SA. I have to say the overlap makes it a breeze! PLUS people really want those 2008 skills now.
    -Daniel
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats! that is a tough exam.
  • TechnitoTechnito Member Posts: 152
    Cool congratz on the pass and for obtaining your MCSE. I'm taking 298 in two weeks, so I hope to soon be saying that I completed my MCSE as well. Big well done :).
    Knowledge is being an Architect, no matter what field.....
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats man. Outstanding achievement!!! icon_thumright.gif
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! Welcome to the club.
  • RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Im going for my MCSE as well, 298 is my last one too! Thanks for the heads up on the difficulty of the exam
  • brewdbrewd Member Posts: 56 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Daniel333 wrote: »
    Hey dude! Get your MCITP asap. Took me 2 years to get my MCSE and 3 months to get my MCITP: SA. I have to say the overlap makes it a breeze! PLUS people really want those 2008 skills now.

Congrats on the major accomplishment!

I totally agree with Daniel333, after getting my MCSE, it took me only 2 months to complete the MCITP Server Admin and Enterprise Admin as there is a huge overlap with the MCSE!

For that matter, since you already have the Security+, all you need to take is 70-299 to get the MCSE:Security. The 70-299 exam is just a MS Security review after getting the MCSE and sets you apart from everyone else out there with an MCSE just a bit more.