Nervous about taking the exam in a few days.

AmcoAmco Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well I'm taking my first ever cert exam, this being the Network+ on Sept 16. I'm pretty nervous and wondering what did you guys do the day of the test? Look over the material lightly? icon_cool.gif

Just an overall rant on my part. icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The day of my exam I mainly did a light review of the things that have to be memorized (ports, cable length/speed). Be sure to relax the day before and get a good nights sleep. Eat a good breakfast the day of the test. Don't drink too many liquids the day of the test as having to go to the bathroom may impart your judgement while taking the test.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    earweed wrote: »
    The day of my exam I mainly did a light review of the things that have to be memorized (ports, cable length/speed). Be sure to relax the day before and get a good nights sleep. Eat a good breakfast the day of the test. Don't drink too many liquids the day of the test as having to go to the bathroom may impart your judgement while taking the test.

Pretty much everything you need right there. Some people, like me, prefer to study nothing to day of the test, and nothing the night before. Chris Bryant once said that if it is not in your brain by then, it would be no good to you after the test anyway to cram the rest in, get a pass, then forget everything.

Light review is fine, but nothing to studious. Be sure to get a good rest the night before as said, and eat and have a bathroom break before you start the test. You will be fine.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • cbsharpe0824cbsharpe0824 Member Posts: 153
    Well, I did light studying..nothing too serious and made sure that I had a good breakfast before hand. Said my prayers and took the test. The key for me was making sure that I studied well in advance. Wish you well my friend.
  • AmcoAmco Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Passed [764], Not the best score but now I know how to study for CompTia's test. icon_cheers.gif S+ in a few weeks and CCNA. icon_thumright.gif
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats! The score is only listed on your score sheet not on the certificate.
    Don't forget to update your details to list your new cert.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • simtechsimtech Member Posts: 213
    Congrats, man! I will be taking mine on Saturday.
  • cbsharpe0824cbsharpe0824 Member Posts: 153
    Congratulations! A pass is a pass..no matter what your score was! What a relief huh?
  • AmcoAmco Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • kidainnykidainny Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nice job Amco! icon_cheers.gif
  • K_RichK_Rich Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. I will be going for this cert in the next few weeks. I feel I am ready through my studies.

Great Job.
  • JaCkNiFeJaCkNiFe Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good job! Time to celebrate?
    Lab on!
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nice work, congrats!
  • chuckleschuckles Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass and welcome to the N+ers :)
  • steve2012steve2012 Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good job! Good luck on Sec+icon_study.gif

Steve
  • FrankThFrankTh Member Posts: 30 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations Amco.
    It is always pleasant to see on the screen: You pass.
    Keep going the good work.
    FrankTh
  • AnthonyGAnthonyG Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□