to those who used mike meyers book

tgs81tgs81 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
After taking the test, were there any topics you felt the book was weak on and deserve additional study?

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I felt the book did a really good job of covering everything and in fact gave more than I needed.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    His books are solid, for A+ or Net+. I like his videos, too. you can tell he's having fun.
  • fieldmonkeyfieldmonkey Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 254 ■■■□□□□□□□
    currently using this book and Exam Cram -- will find out next week! icon_study.gif

I basically have read the book through once, skipped thru the last 3 chapters and just gauged my knowledge by answering the review questions. I missed 2 or less on each chapter, so I started on the CD.

I think the book does a good job, but only after taking the test(s) will I know for sure.

I took the 701 practical "practice" test that comes on the CD and hit 88%, so I"m taking the test next week, and either the 702 on the same day or a day or two after... While the end of the chapter reviews seem "basic" the test I took on the CD seems more practical.

I was wondering what others thought about the CD practice test. Funny thing is, I still don't feel quite [EMAIL="prepared!#@$%"]prepared!#@$%[/EMAIL]
    WIP:
    Husband & Fatherhood Caitlin Grace born 8-26-2010

Future Certs:
    Q1-2011 - INCD2, Microsoft or Linux (decisions, decisions...)
  • LinuxRacrLinuxRacr Member Posts: 653 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Which Mike Meyers book are you all referring to? The way I understand it, there are two.
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!
  • DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Besides a book I read 3 years prior, Mike's book was the only source I used to prepare for the A+ that I passed in July. I thought it covered everything pretty well.

I think when looking at all the material that the A+ covers there will always be a question on the exam not covered in the book. I just tell myself that you can't bake a cake without breaking a few eggs and I still got a good score.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    LinuxRacr wrote: »
    Which Mike Meyers book are you all referring to? The way I understand it, there are two.
    Personally I was referring to the All in One. Hopefully the OP was also.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Kinetic^Kinetic^ Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Mike's books cover pretty much everything you need to know for the A+.