Another passing score

dmoore44dmoore44 Member Posts: 646
Just took the exam this morning and scored an 845! I used the Sybex book, TechNotes, and Transcender practice exams - they were all a big help!
Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Welcome to the forums and congratulations!
    What's next?
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats.

and welcome to TE!
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • dmoore44dmoore44 Member Posts: 646
    Thanks!

I think A+ or Net+ are the next certs in line, then MCITP: Server Administrator. After those three, CISSP.
    Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow
  • AmcoAmco Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    dmoore44 wrote: »
    Thanks!

I think A+ or Net+ are the next certs in line, then MCITP: Server Administrator. After those three, CISSP.
    Don't forget that when you get around to studying for the MCITP:SA that the tests now cover Server 2008 R2
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • dmoore44dmoore44 Member Posts: 646
    I'm kind of curious... which CompTIA cert does everyone think is most difficult?
    I'm kind of curious... which CompTIA cert does everyone think is most difficult?

Net+ was hardest for me.
  • cbsharpe0824cbsharpe0824 Member Posts: 153
    Awesome and congrats mi amigo! I'm really looking forward to taking my test in October...
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! Reppin the DMV haha!!!
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■

First of all, congrats and welcome to the club! icon_thumright.gif

As for level of difficulty....technically, I'd say Network+ as I did fail that back in 99....but that was because there was so much stuff about IPX/SPX and Coax.....and I think the topologies really messed me up. The later objectives didn't have so much of that, and I was able to do much better a few years later (:D).

But the truth is, they're all not really that hard if you have experience/good study habits....

Congrats once again.
  • pml1pml1 Member Posts: 147
    Congrats! There's been a whole lot of Sec+ passing going on!
    Excellence is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, skillful execution and the vision to see obstacles as opportunities.
    pml1 wrote: »
    Congrats! There's been a whole lot of Sec+ passing going on!

There are. I'm happy for the people doing it, but at the same time a little nervous that if everyone has it then its now useless.
  • pml1pml1 Member Posts: 147
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    There are. I'm happy for the people doing it, but at the same time a little nervous that if everyone has it then its now useless.

As long as CompTIA manages it well and works to maintain the relevancy and integrity of the exam, I don't think it will become useless. I think it is fast becoming the baseline standard security certification, akin to A+ for computer technicians back in the day.
    Excellence is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, skillful execution and the vision to see obstacles as opportunities.
    pml1 wrote: »
    As long as CompTIA manages it well and works to maintain the relevancy and integrity of the exam, I don't think it will become useless. I think it is fast becoming the baseline standard security certification, akin to A+ for computer technicians back in the day.

Ok, maybe not useless. But the value of it goes down. Having a Sec+ won't put you above and beyond.
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Ok, maybe not useless. But the value of it goes down. Having a Sec+ won't put you above and beyond.

You really don't have anything to worry about, where I'm concerned anyway. I'm not "unzippin' the fly" with it....I have my sights on IT management, not infosec.

Only wanted it to complete the trinity before the end of year (and for WGU)...otherwise, I could have waited. LOL.
  • K_RichK_Rich Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. Good luck as you continue your trek toward your next cert.
  • chuckleschuckles Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! You might consider the N+ since it is only one test whereas the A+ is two. It really depends on your experience. I have essentially no network experience (other than my home set-up) and I passed the N+ with a 867 after two months of studying. However, I currently am not working icon_sad.gif so I had a lot of time available. I did the A+ ('06 and than the '09 bridge) earlier this year. It seemed to me that the A+ covers a lot more material and therefore would take longer to prepare for.

If you go after the A+ just prepare for both parts at the same time because there is so much overlap.

Good luck icon_study.gif
  • haggartymfhaggartymf Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What is the MINIMUM score to pass the Security+ exam at this time?
    haggartymf wrote: »
    What is the minimum score to pass the Security+ exam?

Visit CompTIA on the web and you'll get that answer plus more!!!!

(Also, the minimum score (750) has been said here numerous times. :) )
  • haggartymfhaggartymf Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    erpadmin wrote: »
    Visit CompTIA on the web and you'll get that answer plus more!!!!

(Also, the minimum score (750) has been said here numerous times. :) )

Sorry - new at this and didnt see it on the CompTIA site the first time.

Thanks!