Options

Recommended Training for SSCP

ecuisonecuison Member Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hello,

I am currently reading every moment I have through the Official ISC2 Guide to the SSCP CBK Gold book. Once I am finished reading through this awfully boring book again, I will be going through Shon Harris's All In One CISSP Exam Guide 5th Edition as well as the notes by Vijayanand Mahadeo Banahatti and James Moore on cccure.org as well as the tips from JD Murray's blog on the SSCP.
Does anyone recommend anything else especially training? I looked at training from Logical Security but the next one near me is in December and is one month after the time I want to go take the exam. I also have been looking for more self-paced study materials such as Shon Harris Video Course for the SSCP.
Any input or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

-Edmund
Accomplishments: B.S. - Business (Information Management) | CISSP | CCSP | TOGAF v9.2 Certified | Security + | Network +

Comments

• Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    ecuison wrote: »
    Hello,

I am currently reading every moment I have through the Official ISC2 Guide to the SSCP CBK Gold book. Once I am finished reading through this awfully boring book again, I will be going through Shon Harris's All In One CISSP Exam Guide 5th Edition as well as the notes by Vijayanand Mahadeo Banahatti and James Moore on cccure.org as well as the tips from JD Murray's blog on the SSCP.
    Does anyone recommend anything else especially training? I looked at training from Logical Security but the next one near me is in December and is one month after the time I want to go take the exam. I also have been looking for more self-paced study materials such as Shon Harris Video Course for the SSCP.
    Any input or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

-Edmund

The Shon Harris videos are good info but having watch some of it myself it is rather dry and boring through some of it. If you got the money though that would be a good place to go from the book. Shon is one of the top trainers for the CISSP and SSCP.
  • Options
    TrainingDazeTrainingDaze Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It sounds like you have enough resources to study, I would add that it is now more about how you prepare rather than what you prepare with. When answering questions and going through multiple choices, be sure to take your time and not just select the right answer but also review why the other choices are not valid. I had a bad habit of flying through when I knew the right answer but ISC2 exams are very cerebral.

Can I ask why you don't just sit for the CISSP instead of the SSCP? DoD 8570 accepts CISSP and associate status equally, so I really don't see any benefit from SSCP that is cost/time beneficial.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    DoD 8570 accepts CISSP and associate status equally, so I really don't see any benefit from SSCP that is cost/time beneficial.
    That's a useful fact only if your employer requires certification per 8570.01. Most employers who recognize the CISSP want the full certification.