fieldmonkey is finally sitting for his A+ !!!

fieldmonkeyfieldmonkey Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 254 ■■■□□□□□□□
After falling short a couple of months back on the ICND2 exam, I've decided to take a step back and get this one before the end of the year! In this competitive job market, it seems to me people still want this and it never gets too old. Besides, it looks good that you got it versus not having it at all.

701- scheduled 9/21
702 - scheduled 9/23

Using Mike Myers and Exam Cram and various online material... planning to knock it down! I'm feeling warm & fuzzy about it, so I hope I'm not underestimating it!
WIP:
Husband & Fatherhood Caitlin Grace born 8-26-2010

Future Certs:
Q1-2011 - INCD2, Microsoft or Linux (decisions, decisions...)

Comments

• PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    As always Professor Messer's A+ vids are out there for free.

Professor Messer, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Nework+, Certification Training

Good luck man! Bring back a W :)
  • chuckleschuckles Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck. You might try the CompTIA free practice test. But don't worry too much if you don't do as well on it as you'd like because in my opionion the Network+ free exam on CompTIA was harder than the actual one! icon_study.gif
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You can also use the 7 day trial of Labsim http://www.techexams.net/forums/general-certification/58149-labsim-7-day-free-trial.html and use the practice test questions for the A+ ther
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • simtechsimtech Member Posts: 213
  • DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good Luck. Using a combo of Meyers and Cram, you should be fine.
  • fieldmonkeyfieldmonkey Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 254 ■■■□□□□□□□
    question in the Exam Cram book:

Because you need to connect to the domain, you need to install Windows Vista Business Edition on a computer for the graphics department. The computer has the following specifications:

1.5 GHZ AMD Processor
    512 MB of RAM
    Drive C (system drive) has 8 GB of free disk space.
    Driver D (program drive) has 25 GB of free disk space.
    Integrated sound card
    Intel 10/100 NIC

Which hardware does not meet the minimum requirements to install Windows Vista?

A. You should add a faster processor to the computer
    B. You should add more memory to the computer
    C. You need to free up space on Drive C.
    D. You need to install Windows Vista on Drive D.

The answer is C according to the book, however I selected B also because the question states, you needed to install Windows Vista Business edition. According to Microsoft the minimum requirements to install Vista Home Basic is 512 MB, however it's 1GB for any of the other vista products.

The Mike Meyers reference also states 512 for Basic (for all other editions 1GB), so I'm wondering how CompTia is viewing the minimum system requirements?
    WIP:

Future Certs:
  • Cert PoorCert Poor Member Posts: 240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It's probably "by the book" and very literal. I guessed C as well. The lack of free HD space on C: is the biggest bottleneck. But honestly, when one installs Vista, isn't a format required anyway?

Silly question. I wouldn't worry too much about this question per se, but definitely know the requirements for all the OS's (per the objectives). CompTIA words their questions pretty plainly.
    In progress: MTA: Database Fundamentals (98-364)
    Next up: CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ (CLO-002) or LPI Linux Essentials (010-160)
    Earned: CompTIA A+, Net+, Sec+, Server+, Proj+
    ITIL-F v3 2011 | ServiceNow CSA, CAD, CIS | CWNP CWTS
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    Good Luck. Using a combo of Meyers and Cram, you should be fine.

your avatar is making me hungry, and making me not want the oatmeal I was about to make
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
    Cert Poor wrote: »
    Silly question. I wouldn't worry too much about this question per se, but definitely know the requirements for all the OS's (per the objectives). CompTIA words their questions pretty plainly.

Agreed!
  • fieldmonkeyfieldmonkey Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 254 ■■■□□□□□□□
    After falling short a couple of months back on the ICND2 exam, I've decided to take a step back and get this one before the end of the year!

701- scheduled 9/21 = 842
    702 - scheduled 9/23 = 850

Using Mike Myers and Exam Cram and various online material... planning to knock it down! I'm feeling warm & fuzzy about it, so I hope I'm not underestimating it!

Done!

I am considering knocking down SEC+ now, or possibly proceeding with an MCSA track, before getting back to the CCNA.
    WIP:

Future Certs:
    Congratz!! I knew you would knock it out! icon_thumright.gif
  • chuckleschuckles Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I'll bet it feels like hard work finally paid off icon_cheers.gif