How much of this test involves certificates?

brownwrapbrownwrap Member Posts: 549
I am reading a book now and it goes on and on about certificates and the different trusts that can be set up. There is like 30 pages devoted to this topic. How much of this is on the test? I have worked with computers for a long time and never had to be responsible for certificates at all.

Comments

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I remember quite a bit about certificates from when I took the exam, since certificates are a back-bone technology for everything from RADIUS to PKI. You'll find that the Security+ exam is a second-tier cert for a reason, the more experience and knowledge of different technologies you bring into it, the more you'll learn about securing them. Basically, expect to see a lot of things you may never really have worked with before; you just have to be ready to do a lot of extra-curricular reading on those things.

Good luck with your studies, let us know how you're progressing. :D

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Not a whole lot. You need to know what a certificate is and the whole public/private key process to encrypt/decrypt/sign things.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • brownwrapbrownwrap Member Posts: 549
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Not a whole lot. You need to know what a certificate is and the whole public/private key process to encrypt/decrypt/sign things.
    Yes, I understand that. The book I was reading went on and on about Trust Models, heirarchical, bridege, hybrid, and so on.