Options

EIGRP auto summary

DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
Just came across this on Jeremy of CBT nugget fames new joint blog

EIGRP Auto-Summary Now Disabled By Default | tekcert.com

All I can say is Thank God!! :)
  • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
  • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.

Comments

• Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    DevilWAH wrote: »
    Just came across this on Jeremy of CBT nugget fames new joint blog

EIGRP Auto-Summary Now Disabled By Default | tekcert.com

All I can say is Thank God!! :)

Good, it never slips my mind past one 'network' command but it was always annoying to remember!
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Just make sure you note the revision number

For instance, 12.4(14) would still default to auto-summary, 12.4(15) will default to no auto-summary
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Netwurk wrote: »
    Just make sure you note the revision number

For instance, 12.4(14) would still default to auto-summary, 12.4(15) will default to no auto-summary

Umm I think what he meant when he says
    The key take away here is that almost all, if not all, versions of 15, and the newest versions of 12.2(33)

is that the newest version of the 12.x.x IOS's have it and do all the new 15.x.x versions :) Remember they skipped IOS 13.x and 14.x and released the 15.x.x sets now.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    DevilWAH wrote: »
    Umm I think what he meant when he says

is that the newest version of the 12.x.x IOS's have it and do all the new 15.x.x versions :) Remember they skipped IOS 13.x and 14.x and released the 15.x.x sets now.

Yes you are right - I think the 12.x releases need to be 12.x(33) or higher

Thanks for the correction

:)