the pre-test in Get Certified Get Ahead

demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
ok i took the test in the back of every ones fav sec+ book and i was wondering how it can be scored cause comptia has a 100-900 scale passing being 750

say i missed 20 out of 100 that in normal land would give me an 80%

and how close is it to the exam its self?

thanks
wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:

Comments

• leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    There is really no way to know their scoring process is private.
    Dustin Leefers
  • Ron BrandtRon Brandt Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ok i took the test in the back of every ones fav sec+ book and i was wondering how it can be scored cause comptia has a 100-900 scale passing being 750

thanks

I do know this..you are in the zone to write the real deal..

Ron
  • kevozzkevozz Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was about to explain it, but remembered it's in Darril Gibson's book at Kindle location 628.

If you have the book, look under the beginning of the table of contents under Passing Score.
  • demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    kevozz wrote: »
    I was about to explain it, but remembered it's in Darril Gibson's book at Kindle location 628.

If you have the book, look under the beginning of the table of contents under Passing Score.

thanks

my kindle opened pass that for some reason
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
    leefdaddy wrote: »

Yea, it's not exactly straight forward on which questions count and how they're weighed. I know they add questions that are not graded to "test" them.

When i took the Net+, i know i missed at least 3 questions. I marked 5 questions that i wasn't sure about and memorized them before leaving the exam. I immediately looked at my Net+ book and internet to verify the answers. I missed 3 of those but still aced the test. I remember one of them was on RAID.

But a pass is a pass!
  • AmcoAmco Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Aren't 10 Questions not used for grading but future test?
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    leefdaddy wrote: »

+1

Despite many people posting that its a percentage and such...no one except CompTIA knows the scoring process. Some questions may be weighted more or less then others, some may not be scored at all.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Amco wrote: »
    Aren't 10 Questions not used for grading but future test?

As far as I know, there is no set number. They just caution you that some questions might not be graded. I would guess less than 10 though, but that is just my opinion.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
    Plantwiz wrote: »
    +1

Despite many people posting that its a percentage and such...no one except CompTIA knows the scoring process. Some questions may be weighted more or less then others, some may not be scored at all.

Yea, he mentions that in the book also.
  • gregorio323gregorio323 Member Posts: 201 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hello, I'd say if you score above 85% you should be in a good position to take the exam. Most of those exams mark it wrong even if you got the answer partially right (when selecting more than one answer). CompTIA has a grading scale where on average of the questions around up around an average of 8 points each. (Im estimating grading scale 100-900 is equivalent to 800 points so there's a 100 questions * 8points.) So i'd say just keep doing those exams till you can get close to 90%.
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■

thanks

I would definitely echo the sentiment of going back to the chapter(s) you were weak on and going over it. 80% is ok, but 85-90 is better....

There is a reason I tout this book so heavily. In my case and I suspect many others, the stuff you are weak on WILL be on the test. (I didn't know that of course until I sat for the exam). He does do a great job explaining the concepts in great-enough English that you can do supplemental research on Google (if you even need to).

Even though there is no way to say equestions are weighted equally, a 750 is 83%. Based on what I knew/heard of the test, that's what I was personally expecting. 97% was really almost a shock to me (and it's hard to do that...lol).