Options

CISA Exam Live or Online?

razz2525razz2525 Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
My background is in IT Compliance and Software Asset Management, but I'd like to make the move to IT Auditing. I was approved to take the CISA course. I have the option of taking it live in a boot camp format (8am-5pm) over 5 days or doing it online which would mean I would have 24x7 access to the modules and be able to watch them over and over. Has anyone done a self-paced CISA course, or is attending live really the best choice for this material? Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I can’t really speak for the CISA itself, but I personally prefer self-study 10/10 times. I just don’t think you can learn as much as you’re forced to in only 5 (or less) days. I much prefer to be able to study at my own pace. Self study usually fits into my personal schedule much more than bootcamps as well.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    chilipepperchilipepper Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I guess it depends on your learning style, and your background, but I would prefer the self paced way, as opposed to 5 day boot camp. It may also depend on how your study environment is. I have to be able to replay things, visually, aurally or re-read from a text.

I never attended a CISA boot camp and passed with just studying the Canon book and purchasing the CISA practice question database from ISACA. It is sort of in CBT format because it tracks your progress in the knowledge areas, and shows where you are weak. But of course, if you are approved for a bootcamp or the materials, by all means take advantage of one of them.

Best of luck.
  • Options
    cabrillo24cabrillo24 Member Posts: 137
    razz2525 wrote: »
    My background is in IT Compliance and Software Asset Management, but I'd like to make the move to IT Auditing. I was approved to take the CISA course. I have the option of taking it live in a boot camp format (8am-5pm) over 5 days or doing it online which would mean I would have 24x7 access to the modules and be able to watch them over and over. Has anyone done a self-paced CISA course, or is attending live really the best choice for this material? Thank you!

Please remember a boot camp is simply a supplemental and a review based off what you've already learned. If you've been studying on your own, or have a grasp on the concepts, then a boot camp will be an excellent and dedicated review.
    Next Up...
    CCNA: Security (210-260)
    Date: TBD