Exam scheduled for Friday

eserfelizeserfeliz Member Posts: 134
Hey everyone,

After studying hard for the CCENT exam, I figured I'd go on the CompTIA page and try the Network+ practice test as well as the practice test here on Techexams. I passed both with over 90%, so I figured I was ready for the exam. I purchased a rapid expiry voucher from ebay and scheduled my exam for Friday. I downloaded a copy of uCertify to verify the results of the other practice exams...

...only to fail every single time. Can anyone tell me how representative the uCertify questions are of the Network+ exam? It seems like a lot of the questions are CCNA level; in fact, one of the explanations even said, "For the purpose of the CCNA exam..."

If the exam isn't as difficult as the uCertify questions and more like what I found here and at CompTIA, I'm pretty confident. But if they're like the uCertify questions, I should probably postpone until next week.

Can anyone give me some guidance?
MCP, HDI-SCA, MCDST, Network+, MCTS: W7C, MCITP: EDST7, BS: MIS

In progress: MCSA (70-290 & 70-291), CCENT, CCA XenDesktop 5

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I've never used ucertify for CompTIA exams but for all the MS exams ucertify has been harder. If you want another practice exam (free) go to labsim and get the free demo. It has a few different courses and the Net+ is one of them and it includes, I believe, a sixty question practice test. It also includes a free practice CCNA test. I can personally vouch that labsim is harder than the actual test but the questions are worded more like CompTIAs.
    I think that MCMCSE.com also may have a free Net+ practice exam you just have to register to use it. It's a lot like this site but the forums aren't as active.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • eserfelizeserfeliz Member Posts: 134
    Hey earweed, I appreciate it! I think I'll continue taking it on Friday.

• cbsharpe0824cbsharpe0824 Member Posts: 153
    Wishing you well with your upcoming exam on friday.
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • PaperlanternPaperlantern Member Posts: 352
    So how did it go? I'm taking it next week and looking for good study material beyond the knowledge I already have.
    So how did it go? I'm taking it next week and looking for good study material beyond the knowledge I already have.

Hey!

Everything went okay, I passed with an 813. The only resources I used were the practice test here on TechExams, the practice test on the CompTIA webpage and the practice tests from uCertify. The test was more difficult than all three resources would have led me to believe. It really focused on the practical knowledge behind network administration, something I haven't done for about five years as a junior network admin. Still, I'm happy about the pass and I'm hoping that this can get me entry into a networking position.

Best of luck to you!

So you basically just took a bunch of practice tests to study? How about anything else? Did you memorize anything? OSI model amd related protocols and networking equipment? Terms? Anything?

Congrats on the pass, 813 is a very good score in my book, besides, like you said, a pass is a pass, even if it was a 721... still a pass.
    Oh, well, not quite. I've actually been preparing for the CCENT/CCNA and I'm taking a Data Communications for Business class, and I've been over the OSI model and related subjects so much, I figured I might as well get something out of it, so I scheduled the exam on a whim (three days prior). Turned out okay.

But as for the Network+ specifically, yes, just the practice tests, i.e. no books or CBT. I did use the latest CCNA Testout, CBTNuggets, and the Cisco Press ICND1 book. Hope this helps and best of luck to you.

The exam was weighted pretty heavily to practical knowledge, I was very surprised. It even asked about routing protocols, which I was a little surprised by, even though I'd studied them and was told to expect.

Oh! The last resource I used was the Network+ wikibook. It's not exhaustive, by any means, but it will take you to all of the different wikipedia pages dealing with all of the exam objectives. So, if you don't have a basic knowledge of one of the subject matter areas, you can get a quick synopsis. Here's the link.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Network_Plus_Certification

Again, good luck!

Hey thanks for that link to the Wiki, i didn't know that was out there, I will probably run through that in the coming few days.
  • samuel235235235samuel235235235 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Gonna check that wiki out too :D
    [Currently Studying : MCSA: Server 2012/MCSA: Windows 8]
    [Currently Reading: ]
    [Current Qualifications: MCP, MCDST, A+, Network+]