Network+ Study Materials

paul_douglas_83paul_douglas_83 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I just recently passed my A+ exam and am now heading towards the Network+ Certificate i think. I was just wandering if the Mike Meyers All-in-one Network+ book is as good as the A+ All-in-one book as i found it extremely helpful. Does anyone also know if theres a CD included with it, with practice questions and stuff? Also what do people think the average time taken to study this book and pass the exam would be, i passed the A+ in about 4 months on and off study, thanks for any help

Great Site!

Paul :P

Comments

• jeff CQjeff CQ Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ive heard his Net+ isnt as good as his A+ book, but thats just talk, i havent picked up either book. Hes very good on the LearnKey CBTs.
    CQ Services, Inc.
    ISP, Repair, Web Hosting, Web Design, Online Advertising, & Computer Sales
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    I am preparing for the Net+ exam with the Meyers All-In-One book. That's the only book I am using. It does have a CD with it. There are 2 different practice exams on it.

GOOD LUCK.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • paul_douglas_83paul_douglas_83 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your views guys, any others welcome

icon_wink.gif
  • bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    if you are comfortable studying using the all-in-one, you should use it. views on many forums also indicate that a book by groth, published by sybex, is also an excellent guide.

i used meyers network+ passport and had several non-exam specific networking books (one of which was networking complete by sybex, which included chapters from a selection of their books, including groth's), and when ithought i did not have enough material to cover the objectives in the depth i wanted, i used the internet (amassing a collection of links) and forums.
    A+ Moderator
  • trick000trick000 Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I used transcender practice exams for my A+. I think I'm gonna use them for network plus also. I like the fact that they explain why it's the right answer and also explain what the other answers are.

I'm just gonna follow the comptia objectives one by one and look up each information online. This and other sites might make it unnecessary to buy a book. Just my .02 centavos.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I think you are right about not having to buy a book, especially when you have Transcenders (combine their explanations and you'll have as much text as in a book), but... a book, certainly a Network+ book can be very useful as a reference for many years to come...
  • cyborgcyborg Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm using the Network+ by Myers and I find it great...and yes it does contain a CD and test questions....I guess we are both in the boat here cos I used A+ all in one by Myers and passed real good!!! THough I'm who likes various views to a topic..so I just might get another book...probabyl from Sybex...but I definitely love the Myers all in one!!!!

And a big congrats to your passing A+...well if it's any consolation I intend to take my Network+ by the end of July (hopefully!!) so we probably would see much of eachother here...it's a great site for resources and helps from great minds like the moderators and the webmasters!!!!!!!
  • lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    Maybe it's a personal security blanket, but I would certainly buy a book and as well as use online source to augment studies.

I lucked out. I stumbled across David Groth's Network+ Study Guide (Sybex) at the flea market. The guy had no idea what he had, because he only asked $4 for it.

..and the CD is still sealed. :) List price. $49.99

Books work even when you can't get connected to the net. Easier to curl up with a book than it is with a computer.
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • eliteelite Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would suggest PrepLogic's practice exams. and make sure you study troubleshooting intensively. icon_exclaim.gif

good luck!