Confused about how to take an exam.

feng.lianfeng.lian Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi, I took Cisco exams before and what I had to do was to create an account with Person Vue and Cisco. When I went on Person Vue to schedule a CompTIA exam, it would say I needed to update my profile since this is the first time I'm taking an exam with CompTIA. After going through the very short process, I clicked the save button and didn't read what was on the next page.

I suspect that if I did read the next page, it would say something like your request are being processed please give us a few business days although I'm not sure. What happened next is that I clicked on the schedule exam button and it would take me back to the page saying they need to update my profile with CompTIA, which I did again, but a message would tell me that I already have a request sent and should give them 2 business days.

Meanwhile, I can't schedule any exams because it would always have the message "Before you can continue, your account needs to be updated. Please go to add Testing Program to add CompTIA Testing to your profile." My question is, at this stage, am I just supposed to wait? I went to CompTIA website and there doesn't seem to be an option to create an account with them.

Comments

• rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Try registering via Prometric. In my area, a lot of the Pearson Vue centers offer Prometric testing as well.

Prometric Services: Testing and Assessment
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    feng.lian wrote: »
    I suspect that if I did read the next page, it would say something like your request are being processed please give us a few business days although I'm not sure. ...

Did you try to call them?

Perhaps it is an easy thing to get through, but maybe a person who can access their site (or confirm your profile) can expedite this for you.

From your own post, you state you didn't complete the process, so why not give them a call during the business day. If that doesn't prove helpful, try Prometric.

At some point, you may wish you had gotten this error corrected and it would be easier at this point, rather than later on when you have several exams from one provider and need to take different ones from the other.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • biker_dudebiker_dude Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm pretty sure you need to purchase your vouchers prior to scheduling. I just got my vouchers and now I need to schedule. I think I will call the testing center. I didn't like the website is set up for scheduling.