70-662 Completed / Review

Well... just took Exchange 2010 (70-662) today and passed. Overall not a hard test. I may have over prepared for the test a bit. But nothing is wrong with learning more than needed. Note: I am an Exchange administrators and MCITP on Exchange 2007 so this helped in passing this exam.

Preparation:

About a month of on and off studying.
Exchange 2010 / Windows 2008 in lab. (On my MacBook Pro)
Exchange Server 2010 Administrator Pocket Consultant
TECHNET.

I'm gone to take another week of studying and take the 70-663 to knockout the track. Then back to my CISSP studying darnit. :)
"The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)

Comments

• EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! Just wondering how good's the Pocket Consultant? I know one resource is not enough for an exam, but is it like a fairly authoritative one?
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    Overall its a good "general" resource. I relied heavily on the Microsoft Technet sites. They provide those levels of detailed information that is needed. Having a healthy amount of deployment and implementation experience with Exchange 2007 helps as well. I also forgot to include the video resources from You Had Me At EHLO....

70-663 is more the infrastructure exam so this one will provide more of a challenge for me I think. We will see.
  • Jander1023Jander1023 Member Posts: 160
    Good evening!

You seem to have a lot of work experience with Exchange. I do not but I am currently working on the Server 2008 track. I have the 640 done and soon will have the 642 completed. I am thinking about doing the 662 after I complete the MCITP-SA track.

My question - for somebody like me with very little real world experience dealing with Exchange, is this a difficult exam? Should I do the 2007 Exchange first?
  • Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    Jander1023 wrote: »
    Good evening!

You seem to have a lot of work experience with Exchange. I do not but I am currently working on the Server 2008 track. I have the 640 done and soon will have the 642 completed. I am thinking about doing the 662 after I complete the MCITP-SA track.

My question - for somebody like me with very little real world experience dealing with Exchange, is this a difficult exam? Should I do the 2007 Exchange first?

Personally I did not think the exam was difficult. But that is of course after having years of experience with Exchange. I think you can pass the test but it will require a lengthy amount of studying to ensure a good score.

I recommend you study for about 2 months. Make sure you have a personal lab setup.