Taking Security+ This Weekend

gregorio323gregorio323 Member Posts: 201 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey, guys i'm kinda scared to actually take the exam. I'm using the exam cram because i'm already familiar with the security aspects of the test. but i'm still a bit intimidating by what exactly to expect. I score a 84% and at the end of the book i score 89% i'm currently just going over and over the material but still a bit nervous any tips on what to expect of the difficulty of the exam? I find CompTIA exams easy but i heard the Sec+ is tough so now I'm nervous.

Comments

• miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    Hey, guys i'm kinda scared to actually take the exam. I'm using the exam cram because i'm already familiar with the security aspects of the test. but i'm still a bit intimidating by what exactly to expect. I score a 84% and at the end of the book i score 89% i'm currently just going over and over the material but still a bit nervous any tips on what to expect of the difficulty of the exam? I find CompTIA exams easy but i heard the Sec+ is tough so now I'm nervous.

If you have not already read Darril's book, then purchase the kindle version, and read it and use the pre-test, chapter tests, and final test.

It will be the best $9.99 you have ever spent. If you are not already aware, Amazon will give a PC version of the kindle reader for free.icon_cheers.gif

Amazon.com: security + get certified get ahead
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■

These posts are the reason I also mention "Security+ Get Certified Get Ahead" by Darril Gibson. Look at all the passed threads in the last month (including my own). If you are using exam crap, you have a 40/60 shot of passing (it's not even 50/50, unless your experience is really good).

Get the Darril Gibson and spend a good week on it and like miller said, do the tests in that book. Then you will be ready for Sec+ and pass.

I have yet to see one real fail WITH the guide......that's how good the book is. There is a reason why this book has 42 100% 5-star reviews and counting! In the newest reviews, many of them are TE members.

Just get the book, study it and pass and become a believer!

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-201 Study Guide
  • DoubleDDoubleD Member Posts: 273 ■□□□□□□□□□
    my tip is dont be nervous there is no need for it
  • cbsharpe0824cbsharpe0824 Member Posts: 153
    miller811 wrote: »
    If you have not already read Darril's book, then purchase the kindle version, and read it and use the pre-test, chapter tests, and final test.

It will be the best $9.99 you have ever spent. If you are not already aware, Amazon will give a PC version of the kindle reader for free.icon_cheers.gif

Amazon.com: security + get certified get ahead

Reading the book as we speak..so far, so good! And I don't even take the test until the end of Ocotober...
  • gregorio323gregorio323 Member Posts: 201 ■■■□□□□□□□
    THanks for the link i will purchase it and take a skim and read the areas i know where i'm weak at to complement my learning. after all it never hurts to give 9.99 rather than giving away 200$ after failing the exam. SO my goal is to pass with a 800+ score.
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    SO my goal is to pass with a 800+ score.

Negative...

Your goal is just to pass. 750, 850, 900, no one cares. It's all about that wallet card in your wallet and that certificate that's buried deep in your sock drawer and what you put on your resume (or if you're accross the pond or otherwise outside the USA, a CV).

No one has ever asked me what my score on A+ and Network+ was. To be honest, I don't even know if I still have the score reports for them...lol.

In any event, just shoot for the pass.
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • mworwellmworwell Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I want to buy the Darril Gibson book, but I don't have a Kindle. Will I have to buy the paper version, or can I download and read the Kindle version on my PC?
  • WolvendeerWolvendeer Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mworwell wrote: »
    I want to buy the Darril Gibson book, but I don't have a Kindle. Will I have to buy the paper version, or can I download and read the Kindle version on my PC?

I don't have a kindle, and I bought the Kindle version and am reading it. All you have to do is download and register the PC kindle client (or BlackBerry or iPhone if you have it) before you buy the book so it sees you as a kindle user.
  • mworwellmworwell Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Wolvendeer wrote: »
    I don't have a kindle, and I bought the Kindle version and am reading it. All you have to do is download and register the PC kindle client (or BlackBerry or iPhone if you have it) before you buy the book so it sees you as a kindle user.

OK cool. Thanks.