ROUTE has been officially conquered

nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
passed this afternoon and my brain still hurts from it. now that all is said and done i really enjoyed this test and it definitely lived up to the hype.

my only real complaints were a couple of the sims were buggy with pings/traceroute and the phrasing in a lot of the questions seemed awkward at best making it difficult to judge what they were really asking (sure that could have been on purpose to add a "challenge" but that seems lazy at best if that is the reasoning behind it).

celebrating tonight and onto SWITCH studies starting tomorrow.
WIP: IPS exam

Comments

• creamy_stewcreamy_stew Member Posts: 406 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!

"buggy with pings , trace"

That's just about the worst kind of buggy. Surely disclosing bugs arent covered by the NDA?

SWITCH seems like a ***** icon_sad.gif I had basically completed my BCMSN studies before I took vaccation a couple of months ago icon_sad.gif

edit: bi0tch?
    edit2: what do you do with a vaccation? Are you off for it? Go for holidays? GAh(?)
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS on the pass!!! Good luck with your SWITCH icon_study.gif

Celebrate your accomplishment!

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the accomplishment!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Epic feat! Congrats man!
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Major congrats! Drink a cold one and celebrate the success
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    passed
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    my brain still hurts from it
    Celebrations drunken_smilie.gif usually help with that. And even if you "over-Celebrate" your brain definitely won't be hurting tomorrow morning because of the exam icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • davidspirovalentinedavidspirovalentine Member Posts: 353 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the PASS dude!!!

Good luck on the SWITCH, I hear its a killer ;)

(I'm taking the SWITCH on Monday...)

Regards,
    David
    Failure is a stepping stone to success...
  • NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats to Niklaus and good luck to David on the SWITCH exam

icon_thumright.gif
  • lrblrb Member Posts: 526
    Congrats! What was your studying materials and how much time did you spend on this bad boy?
  • nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    lrb wrote: »
    Congrats! What was your studying materials and how much time did you spend on this bad boy?

I spent almost four months studying for this exam. Now that I am done the real challenge with ROUTE is not the depth of each topic but the sheer amount of topics. It really was a challenge to push forward while retaining the knowledge I had already learned but with lots of repetition in the lab and constantly reviewing material after a month or so it all started to fall into place nicely.

I mainly used the foundation learning guide as well as routing tcp/ip vol. 1, home lab and the old BSCI cbt nuggets.
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    great job. icon_cheers.gif
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!

How much cisco gear do you work with on a daily bases and to what capacity? I am just curious about your background.
  • vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats and two very enthusiastic thumbs up! I just started studying for ROUTE and can't wait to dig in. How do you rate the Foundation learning guide? I just ordered that as my primary reference.
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...
    How do you rate the Foundation learning guide? I just ordered that as my primary reference.

I fully back this as your primary resource / I was a big fan of the BSCI CBT Nuggets as well so I'm sure the newly released version for ROUTE would also be of immense help to someone just starting their studies.
  • genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    Congratulations! I plan on starting the CCNP track early part of next year, allotting 3 months per exam. ROUTE is first on the list so thanks for the tips & feedback!
    1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012
  • jovan88jovan88 Member Posts: 393
    congrats thats a big accomplishment
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Did you find the exam to be much like what Jeremy stated here?

Cisco ROUTE: Brace Yourselves! | tekcert.com

I'm hoping I have to rely on my experience more then the theory I pulled from a book or video.
  • thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have some studing to do in Jan. It will take some time to come back up to speed but I can do it.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
    shednik wrote: »
    Did you find the exam to be much like what Jeremy stated here?

I think he hit the nail on the head with that blog post. The planning and implementing keywords from the exam blueprint really come into play on this test.

Without trying to break the NDA, I saw less here's exactly what you need to do and more here's what the company/bosses want and since they aren't techies you'll have to figure out exactly what they are asking for and take what you know and make it work correctly. Definitely a more "real life" approach.
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    I think he hit the nail on the head with that blog post. The planning and implementing keywords from the exam blueprint really come into play on this test.

Without trying to break the NDA, I saw less here's exactly what you need to do and more here's what the company/bosses want and since they aren't techies you'll have to figure out exactly what they are asking for and take what you know and make it work correctly. Definitely a more "real life" approach.

That's what I like to hear

Congrats as well!!