SWITCH exam booked

davidspirovalentinedavidspirovalentine Member Posts: 353 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

Just letting you all know that I booked my SWITCH exam for the 27th... On Monday...

As we all usually do, this is my post to ask for any last minute tips and advice in order to boost my confidence before I, take the plunge so to speak.

Thanks Again,

Regards,
David
Failure is a stepping stone to success...

Comments

• NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Based on what I've heard, you should look over Hucaby's supplemental material as he discovered some exam topics that were not covered in the Cisco Press books.

CCNP SWITCH Ponder the Network (and other things)

Good luck with it!
  • davidspirovalentinedavidspirovalentine Member Posts: 353 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks for that!

Have read them thoroughly! We also use a lot of IP SLA for our route maps to track serial interfaces as most of our customers have main links via serial and backup links via wireless we use IP SLA for automatic failover.

As for SNMP we use MRTG (and just recently Cacti) to monitor the throughput on our core routers.

Syslog I only ever used once, to troubleshoot a PIX license issue (think it was a ten user license or something and the 11th user traffic wasn't getting through... something like that).

Thanks again, I just hope I pass, I've seen a lot of people have failed it...

Regards,
    David
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sounds good David... Good luck to you icon_thumright.gif

I plan on taking the exam next Friday myself!!! I haven't booked it yet... after hearing all of the "horror" stories of the SWITCH exams (especially from this link). We'll see soon... again, best of luck to you!!!

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    I've been lurking around the SWITCH threads on here, as well as looking over the comments on CLN.

I'd been studying for BCMSN for a year before it got retired. I figured SWITCH couldn't be that much more difficult since most of the material was the same. I've been studying for SWITCH since BCMSN was retired, also. I'm hesitant to say this because by no means am I trying to discourage you, but I have to admit, I'm pretty intimidated by this exam after reading a lot of the feedback that I have.

I wish you the best of luck, though. You'll probably come back and tell us all how easy it was!

Just get in that last little bit of review on the topics you feel least comfortable with. From what I hear, it might not hurt to do a little last minute reading on the wireless topics, maybe from Cisco docs.

Good luck!
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good luck man!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • davidspirovalentinedavidspirovalentine Member Posts: 353 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks Guys!

Luck is probably what I need, after reading all those posts...

Regards,
    David