Options

MPLS Exam Topics

Hi,
I plan to take BGP+MPLS exam soon, I was going through the exam topic section on the learning network website, and what worries me is that for the MPLS exam topics they list only MPLS VPNs material and nothing about TE, AToM VPLS etc.
I have pretty much covered the VPN material and according to what I saw there this must be enough to pass the exam, but should I expect some nasty surprises like question outside of these exam topics ?
Non-native English speaker

Comments

• Options
    jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
    look at the individual bgp and mpls blueprints and know every topic on them well (the composite blueprint is very vague). And yes, there are always surprises, luckily most of the wtf questions are not graded :)
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Sett wrote: »
    I was going through the exam topic section on the learning network website, and what worries me is that for the MPLS exam topics they list only MPLS VPNs material and nothing about TE, AToM VPLS etc.
    As Jason said, look at the specific exam blueprints for MPLS and BGP -- and that includes the things casually mentioned in the exam description.

From the MPLS Exam Description:
    The exam will certify that the successful candidate has knowledge and skills necessary to gather information from the technology basics to some of the more updated features and functions such as Traffic Engineering, Fast Reroute and any Transport over MPLS (AToM). The exam covers topics on MPLS Concepts, MPLS Label Assignment and Distribution, Frame-Mode/Cell-Mode MPLS Implementation on Cisco IOS Platforms, MPLS Virtual Private Networks Technology, MPLS VPN Implementation, Complex MPLS VPNs, and Internet Access from a MPLS VPN.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    I did the composite. Definitely make sure your MPLS and BGP knowledge is well rounded.
  • Options
    SettSett Member Posts: 187
    The individual blueprints is what I checked, also the topics covered in the MPLS training course, and in the both they are mentioning VPN only... But looks like I'll have to put a little more effort on it and cover all the chapters in "MPLS Fundamentals", just to make sure.
    Non-native English speaker