Options

Change Analyst Role

DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
How much hands on would you expect to get from a Change Analyst role in teh networking field? Does any one have this position and if so what do you get up to on a daily basics?

Cheers

Devil
  • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
  • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.

Comments

• Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Change analyst? Is that like configuration management?
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    well I would think that's part of it but that why I ask :)
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    tpatt100 wrote: »
    Change analyst? Is that like configuration management?

I would think change management and configuration management would be different processes

But it would really depend on how your organizations framework is set up.
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Are you speaking in ITILish ?? If you are, it could just be another name for a change administrator perhaps.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    SubnettingGoddessSubnettingGoddess Member Posts: 108
    Zero, in my experience. Probably not the answer you want! But you never know where it will lead. I slogged through two years doing SDLC project planning stuff before jumping into the network group.
    OK, I confess, I do have one certification. I am an ACIA - Arcsight Certified Integrator/Administrator. But it's awarded for attending the class. Woot. And while it's a fine skill to have, my interests lay elsewhere.