one week till test

demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
today i bit the bullet and set my test for october 5

any tips for studying for a week?

ive read the good book and i am listing to onlineexpert.com while at work i do have labsim and examcram but i haven't really watched/taken tests on them they didnt do much for me on net+ but i may run them at least once
wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The labsim was really good for the Sec+ as all I used was the Sybex book and Labsim. The exam cram is useless for that as is examforce/crammaster.
    Try out some of the practice tests on the labsim.
    You've got this! If you used Darrils book then you'll pass.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Labsim and darril's book, I don't have any doubt you'll pass with a high score. If you used the whole Labsim plus read Darril's book, you should have no problems...seriously. No need to even wish you luck. (But I'll do it anyway... good luck! ) :)
  • demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    thanks

i havent totally done labsim ive done the parts i scored low on the test in darril's book

im just worried because i barely passed net+ and dont wanna bomb this one
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    thanks

i havent totally done labsim ive done the parts i scored low on the test in darril's book

If you read Darril's book cover-to-cover and did fairly well on the final practice test, you're not bombing.....

I felt confident going to take the test, but I was expecting low 800s at least the way folks made this exam out to be. I didn't even use Labsim entirely. (Just the first few topics and cryptography).

There is now one 2 star review on his book though on Amazon.....I am really not surprised though. It really was bound to happen that haters would just come out of the woodwork. LOL. 45 5 stars and counting though.
  • DoubleDDoubleD Member Posts: 273 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks

Hey I know how you feel cos I was in the same position as you about a week ago. All I would say is dont feel like this you can do it. I found the exam to be easyer than Net Plus. All you need to do is read daryils book twice and study the questions uses some other prep questions as well like Measure Up and your well on your way to a win.
    Its a pretty straight forward test. Just make sure you understand all the concepts, You have the advantage as well with your Net Plus Experience that will help you as well.