Passed VCP-410

azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
I had originally planned to take this test next Tuesday and use the weekend to for some last minute preparations, but that changed with an interview request for tomorrow. I have already been to the class back in February (Company Paid) and spearheaded the upgrade of my company's current infrastructure from ESX 3.5 with 4vm's to three ESXi 4 hosts and 30 p2v migrations. Just in time for a data center migration. It's been a challenging 7 months.

Besides the class I used:
Mastering VMware vSphere 4

VMware vSphere 4 Administration Instant Reference

VCP VMware Certified Professional vSphere 4 Study Guide (Exam VCP410) with CD-ROM

CBT Nuggets

and a lot of the pdf's from vmware especially the Configuration Maximums document.

I passed with a 350. =)

Now back to school work
Currently Studying:
VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • davidspirovalentinedavidspirovalentine Member Posts: 353 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Firstly, Awesome avatar...

Secondly, CONGRATS MAN!!!

Cool, must have been fun. You must be glad that's over!!!

Whats next for you? After some celebration of course ;)

Regards,
    David
    Failure is a stepping stone to success...
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Excellent!
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats!
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Chris:/*Chris:/* Member Posts: 658 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!
    Degrees:
    M.S. Information Security and Assurance
    B.S. Computer Science - Summa Cum Laude
    A.A.S. Electronic Systems Technology
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats! Any plans to do any of the other Vmware certs?

I wonder how long it will be before they adopt a security certification.
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Firstly, Awesome avatar...

Secondly, CONGRATS MAN!!!

Cool, must have been fun. You must be glad that's over!!!

Whats next for you? After some celebration of course

Regards,
    David
    Thanks David, I have a cat named Sylvester that looks exactly like the cat in my avatar. He won't sit still long enough for me to get picture like that.
    Congrats! Any plans to do any of the other Vmware certs?

I wonder how long it will be before they adopt a security certification.

I am very tempted to continue working the VMware certs. I just ordered a book on securing the VM infrastructure. I'll let you know if it is any good.

VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing the Virtual Environment (9780137158003)

I have to bite the bullet and finish my MCITP EA exam next. I started the process last year and only have the 70-647 left to take. I always seem to find more interesting things to work on. After that it's 3 more classes to finish for this semester and the CISSP in December. Thankfully the classes are all security related and can be used for my CISSP studies.
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    azjag wrote: »
    I am very tempted to continue working the VMware certs. I just ordered a book on securing the VM infrastructure. I'll let you know if it is any good.

VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing the Virtual Environment (9780137158003)

I have to bite the bullet and finish my MCITP EA exam next. I started the process last year and only have the 70-647 left to take. I always seem to find more interesting things to work on. After that it's 3 more classes to finish for this semester and the CISSP in December. Thankfully the classes are all security related and can be used for my CISSP studies.

Cool! I'm really interested in a comparison between CISSP and SSCP. I have the SSCP in my sights for early next year. Good luck!
    Change over 7 weeks after I passed the VCP410 exam and today I received my welcome letter and certificate. I sent them an email last Tuesday saying that it has been six weeks since I passed and have not received my certificate yet. They responded back with this:

'My apologies for the delay in receiving your certificate. Would you please verify that the following address is correct. It was flagged as erroneous with our shipping vendor:"

My address was correct except there was a space missing. They had it as 12345 W SmithStreet. I have a hard time believing the missing space caused the certificate to be undeliverable. That was on Tuesday 11/2 and I received my certificate on 11/11.

Other interesting things were the disclaimer over the pull tab to open the envelope and the customs declaration on the envelope itself since it came from California.

For all those who are wondering, the serial number for VMWare workstation 7 is included in welcome letter and the vcp login portal only gives you access to download the logos. I was curious what the login was for.
    Currently Studying:
  • stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    azjag wrote: »
    Change over 7 weeks after I passed the VCP410 exam and today I received my welcome letter and certificate. I sent them an email last Tuesday saying that it has been six weeks since I passed and have not received my certificate yet. They responded back with this:

'My apologies for the delay in receiving your certificate. Would you please verify that the following address is correct. It was flagged as erroneous with our shipping vendor:"

My address was correct except there was a space missing. They had it as 12345 W SmithStreet. I have a hard time believing the missing space caused the certificate to be undeliverable. That was on Tuesday 11/2 and I received my certificate on 11/11.

Other interesting things were the disclaimer over the pull tab to open the envelope and the customs declaration on the envelope itself since it came from California.

For all those who are wondering, the serial number for VMWare workstation 7 is included in welcome letter and the vcp login portal only gives you access to download the logos. I was curious what the login was for.

I passed last week (on the 4th) and I can see the update to my Transcript now that I have been through the last couple of steps.

Looks like I could be waiting a while for the certificate icon_sad.gif
    The timeframe i experienced came down to a couple of factors. The space in my address being one of them. Apparently I had 2 education accounts as well. One that my class was taken under and one that the test was taken under. A few emails back and forth and all that was taken care of. If your class and exam show up under the same login and your address is correct you should receive your certificate without any delays. Other than being shipped over the pond. =)

Let us know when you receive your welcome letter and certificate.
    Currently Studying:
  • davidspirovalentinedavidspirovalentine Member Posts: 353 ■■■■□□□□□□
    In regards to the waiting period for certs, I know its stupid but I dont 'feel' certified until I'm holding that hard cover certificate or that shiny plastic wallet card...

I know its stupid huh?

Note: I'm still waiting for my CCNP cert to come in the mail... feels like forever...

Regards,
    David
    Failure is a stepping stone to success...
    In regards to the waiting period for certs, I know its stupid but I dont 'feel' certified until I'm holding that hard cover certificate or that shiny plastic wallet card...

My previous employer required the originals of my degree and certifications for interviews. This was nerve racking for me because I had just finished my degree and paid to expedite my diploma so I could have it for the interview. $30 in upgraded shipping and 2 weeks later and it arrived the day before the interview. They actually turned people away for not having hard copies. I asked why they would not accept copies or transcripts. Too many forgeries. In the end I didn't get that job and the person who did is already looking again six months later.
    Currently Studying:
  • ultimateultimate Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

Sorry if this is hijacking your thread!! I have just passed the VCP410 exam today, got 313 - honestly felt like I would fail after studying so hard for it but really glad I got through.

Does everyone get a license for VMWare Workstation after passing?

Regards,
    ultimate
    Picture me rollin'...
    Yes. The license comes with the welcome letter and certificate.
    Currently Studying: