Options

Failed AD

BulletzBulletz Member Posts: 159
I got nailed by AD fellaz i have nuttin much to say about this exam, i just have to study for again for now i cannot talk, speechless 294 is not a joke!
Anybody who is willing to assist please let me know am really in need of Help i don't wanna c dust again.
Show me the way to go 127.0.0.1

Comments

• Options
    tbgree00tbgree00 Member Posts: 553 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The best advice I can give is to grab an evaluation copy of Server 2003, install it in vmware player, and lab the parts you didn't do so hot in. I found this test very tricky myself. I think the best thing I did was set up two domains and played with resource access and GPOs. That's all that saved me I think.

What was your score? Were you close? If you had the second shot you have a good advantage. You've seen the way they word the questions and you know where you're weaker than you should be. You'll get it next time!
    I finally started that blog - www.thomgreene.com
  • Options
    DragonNOA1DragonNOA1 Member Posts: 149 ■■■□□□□□□□
    294 is no joke, you got that right. Half the test is on GPO's. Be sure you know about sites, UGMC, as well as anything to do with GPO, GPO placement, inheritance, etc.
    The command line, an elegant weapon for a more civilized age
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It really helps with this exam to do a lot of labbing, especially with GPOs and groups. Set up some groups, lock them down, try to see what you can / can't do. play with permissions, etc.
  • Options
    motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    Sorry to hear about the fail. Looks like some good advice so far from the TE members. I plan on taking this at the end of Oct, thank God they now have the second shot promo going with Prometric bundles.

Check out the Technet website, do a search on GPO's, there are several webcasts that go into very detailed descriptions on GPO's. I actually downloaded them into .zips, I think 18 in total, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours each. Also, look for any virtual labs, you can look in the 293 forum, I posted links to a few GPO sources.
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!
  • Options
    RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes I agree completely, this test is very underrated in terms of difficulty

I passed by the skin of my teeth, 700 score...thats never happened to me before so I am grateful that I did pass this.

Bulletz you will get it! Just keep crackin at it!!