QoS

Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
So I didn't know where to put this but this is something I noticed but it looks like the QoS exam is going away unless there is some replacement to the exam that they haven't mentioned it.

Certification Exams - IT Certification and Career Paths - Cisco Systems

Comments

• stuh84stuh84 Member Posts: 503
    Weird in that you go into the CCIP section, and it doesn't mention it being phased out.

Maybe its no longer going to be part of CCVP? Not sure, I'm glad it's going to be the first exam I do then for the CCIP!
    Work In Progress: CCIE R&S Written

CCIE Progress - Hours reading - 15, hours labbing - 1
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    stuh84 wrote: »
    Weird in that you go into the CCIP section, and it doesn't mention it being phased out.

Maybe its no longer going to be part of CCVP? Not sure, I'm glad it's going to be the first exam I do then for the CCIP!

If you look at that same link the CCVP is changing as well

Certification Exams - IT Certification and Career Paths - Cisco Systems

I think the CCIP as we know it is going away or is going to be radically changed.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Since the Cisco Certification page has retroactively retired some of the CCSP exam as of last April, lets just wait for Monday or Tuesday and see if Cisco gets their head out of their butt and announces a new CCSP and maybe an updated QoS exam and/or fixes the typos on that page.

This isn't the first time some idiot has messed up the Cisco Certification page updates before any official announcements were made -- remember when a bunch of people got their panties in a twist because the BSCI exam was retired? icon_lol.gif 4 or 5 other raving lunatic threads ranting about the injustice of BSCI retiring were deleted -- this was the most sane one that we kept:
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccnp/39671-cisco-retires-642-901-exam-not.html
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • jovan88jovan88 Member Posts: 393
    it will be interesting to see how this turns out. The introduction of CCNP SPO and retiring of the QoS exam makes me believe this track could be on it's last legs, I really hope not though because I'm half way there!!
  • TrifidwTrifidw Member Posts: 281
    Ah ****. I've just bought the QoS book!
  • jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
    Trifidw wrote: »
    Ah ****. I've just bought the QoS book!

Dude I wouldnt sweat that purchase too much. That book is pure QoS gold, no matter what test you take, if it has QoS in it, that book probably covers it.
    Dude I wouldnt sweat that purchase too much. That book is pure QoS gold, no matter what test you take, if it has QoS in it, that book probably covers it.

I'm not too bothered. Was looking to take the test at Christmas anyway and am finding it the most enjoyable Cisco book to read yet!
  • DPGDPG Member Posts: 780 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I hope the CCIP isn't retired. I have been studying BGP in-depth and was going to take the exam soon.
    Is it me, or does that page no longer say "Last day to test 02/28/11" for QoS?
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Since the Cisco Certification page has retroactively retired some of the CCSP exam as of last April, lets just wait for Monday or Tuesday and see if Cisco gets their head out of their butt and announces a new CCSP and maybe an updated QoS exam and/or fixes the typos on that page.

This isn't the first time some idiot has messed up the Cisco Certification page updates before any official announcements were made -- remember when a bunch of people got their panties in a twist because the BSCI exam was retired? icon_lol.gif 4 or 5 other raving lunatic threads ranting about the injustice of BSCI retiring were deleted -- this was the most sane one that we kept:
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccnp/39671-cisco-retires-642-901-exam-not.html

Someone seems to have jumped the gun. The red lettering is now gone from QoS.
  • jovan88jovan88 Member Posts: 393
    Someone seems to have jumped the gun. The red lettering is now gone from QoS.

Not only QoS but from everything! Something funky is happening in Cisco-town
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    QoS is too important to just go away..... and I'm not sure the 642-785 Maintaining Cisco Service Provider Quality of Service (MSPQS) exam is a 100% replacement -- but it's better than nothing.

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8153
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!