Missed by a Gnat's (not NAT) whisker!

aquillaaquilla Member Posts: 148 ■■■□□□□□□□
It's been three long years since initial certification and the time has come to recertify. I've spent the last couple of months reading up on the new topics (Wireless / VPN / IPv6) and re-reading the other stuff.

sat the exam (ICND2) today (wasn't feeling great but was getting good scores on the online tests etc) and failed it with 811/825. I think I need to brush up on OSPF.

I hate OSPF!
Regards,

CCNA R&S; CCNP R&S

Comments

• nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    ah so close! now that you know your weak areas hit the books hard and go for it again. good luck.
    WIP: IPS exam
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Tough luck buddy but that is so close I'm sure you can take the exam report and study the weak points.

That being said, your statement on the test question mix is probably against cisco NDA. I'd suggest removing it just to be safe.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    aquilla wrote: »
    It's been three long years since initial certification and the time has come to recertify. I've spent the last couple of months reading up on the new topics (Wireless / VPN / IPv6) and re-reading the other stuff.

sat the exam (ICND2) today (wasn't feeling great but was getting good scores on the online tests etc) and failed it with 811/825. I think I need to brush up on OSPF

I hate OSPF!

That was a very close score!! You're going to get it next go around... Get some hands on (if you don't already) with OSPF and you'll find that its easier after you set it up a few times. I remember I was struggling with OSPF when I did my CCNA as well... I had to continuously set it up, tear it down, read the book (rinse and repeat) before it finally stuck for me. Good luck! icon_thumright.gif

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • aquillaaquilla Member Posts: 148 ■■■□□□□□□□
    chmorin wrote: »
    Tough luck buddy but that is so close I'm sure you can take the exam report and study the weak points.

That being said, your statement on the test question mix is probably against cisco NDA. I'd suggest removing it just to be safe.

Hi,

I will edit the statement just to be on the safe side.

Regards,
    Regards,

CCNA R&S; CCNP R&S
    Thanks to everyone.

I'm going to do some reading and labbing this week and try again next week.
    Regards,

CCNA R&S; CCNP R&S
    Thanks to everyone.

I'm going to do some reading and labbing this week and try again next week.

Absolutely. Don't let the score get you down, let it motivate you. You now have cisco telling you what points you were weak on, so you can pursue your weak points and dominate the exam next round!
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Consider this one just a high quality practice exam -- and you found a weak point so it did it's job.

The only downside is that we'll expect you to do better than just getting 2 more questions (or a SIM) right for a mere pass -- we want to see 900+. Oh, and we think you can do it right after the 5 day waiting period :D so you better get back to the books and study and review some more icon_study.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Consider this one just a high quality practice exam -- and you found a weak point so it did it's job.

The only downside is that we'll expect you to do better than just getting 2 more questions (or a SIM) right for a mere pass -- we want to see 900+. Oh, and we think you can do it right after the 5 day waiting period :D so you better get back to the books and study and review some more icon_study.gif

So, no pressure then. ;)

I actually passed the original CCNA exam three years ago with a 923.
    Regards,

CCNA R&S; CCNP R&S
    Update - Retook the ICND2 exam today and managed a pass this time with a score of 878 (sorry mikej - failed to make 900+). :)

Recertification is complete.

Overall the exam is much tougher than the CCNA exam I took three years ago (just before CCENT came in).

Now going to take a month off and catch up those things I put aside for the CCNA. :)
    Regards,

CCNA R&S; CCNP R&S
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    pass
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS!!! icon_thumright.gif

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
    Update - Retook the ICND2 exam today and managed a pass this time with a score of 878 (sorry mikej - failed to make 900+). :)

Recertification is complete.

Overall the exam is much tougher than the CCNA exam I took three years ago (just before CCENT came in).

Now going to take a month off and catch up those things I put aside for the CCNA. :)

There yah go! icon_thumright.gif
    Currently Pursuing
    mikej412 wrote: