R&S Lab date approaching, Sept 27th

CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
I feel pretty good about the overall exam. I just finished INE Vol 2 labs and am now going to take on the Vol 4 troubleshooting labs. In case you are wondering, these are the following materials I have used so far:

*INE Vol 2,3,4
*INE Advanced CoD
*INE Troubleshooting CoD
*Narbik Gap from CCNP to CCIE
*Narbik Advanced Workbook V2.0 (for CCIE R&S v4)\
*Ruhann's study notes
*about half the recommended books on the Cisco CCIE R&S book list
*my own labs :]

All in all, its been a long 12 months and its time to give it a shot and see what its all about. I feel confident that I could pass the exam if it is 7 on the INE 1-10 scale. Time management will be key and I hope that I can get through the troubleshooting portion quickly so that I can carry over some of that time for the config section.

back to the trenches!

Comments

• TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I feel pretty good about the overall exam. I just finished INE Vol 2 labs and am now going to take on the Vol 4 troubleshooting labs. In case you are wondering, these are the following materials I have used so far:

*INE Vol 2,3,4
    *INE Advanced CoD
    *INE Troubleshooting CoD
    *Narbik Gap from CCNP to CCIE
    *Narbik Advanced Workbook V2.0 (for CCIE R&S v4)\
    *Ruhann's study notes
    *about half the recommended books on the Cisco CCIE R&S book list
    *my own labs :]

All in all, its been a long 12 months and its time to give it a shot and see what its all about. I feel confident that I could pass the exam if it is 7 on the INE 1-10 scale. Time management will be key and I hope that I can get through the troubleshooting portion quickly so that I can carry over some of that time for the config section.

back to the trenches!

You have put plenty of racktime in this year so Im optimistic for you. Good luck with it all!
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck! im sure the hard work will pay off for you.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    If anyone deserves a pass, it must be you - you've labbed long and hard my friend, and I think you've pretty much set the bar with all the videos you put out - they were excellent.
  • ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
    Good luck, with what I have seen you should do great.
    Working on currently:
    Masters Degree Information Security and Assurance (WGU) / Estimated 06/01/2016
    Next Up: CCNP Routing Exam | Certified Ethical Hacker Exam
    Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
    Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1
  • CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
    thanks for the positive feedback guys, lets hope it has all paid off. If not, no big deal. I'm going to push for it until I have it. It's just that simple. Its not a matter of "IF" I get it, but rather "WHEN" I get it. I'm very stubborn :]
  • jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
    Hey man, just wanted to revisit this thread and wish you some good luck next Monday. Youve studied hard man, and provided alot back for the community so I hope you kick the labs ass. What are you concentrating on this last week?
    Actually this week I am taking it pretty light and just doing some reading up and watching some videos. I don't want to over study and get stressed out. I am just going to relax, go into the lab and see what it is all about. Of course there are topics that I have not mastered and could use help in. But I have been preparing for the lab for about 1 year now and I think it is time to give it a go.

Thanks for your support and I will let you all know how it goes!
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Best of luck to you. I hope to hear great news.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • CCIE2BCCIE2B Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Best of luck to you Steve. You will do fine.... Like somene mentioned earlier, you have given alot back to the community from making all of those videos. I need to buy myself a copy as well :).
    well I guess he is in to it by now. so here is hope and a bump
  • QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    Here's hoping he's eating lunch with a big smile on his face because he's flying through it. :)
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Here wishing him luck. I can't wait to hear of the result!
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Are you there yet? icon_cool.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    Ya, I hope he kills it. looking forward to seeing a write up from him...
  • WRKNonCCNPWRKNonCCNP Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck CCIEWANNABE. I hope your username becomes inappropriate very soon.
  • CCIE2BCCIE2B Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Where is the Bowler man at?
    CCIE2B wrote: »
    Where is the Bowler man at?

hopefully sipping a glass of scotch looking at 5 new digits associated with his name
    well i'm back from RTP and yes, I am still a cciewannabe. test was not as bad as i thought, but i got caught up in a layer 2/3 issue in the config. can't really say much else, but i have never seen this type of problem. I guess thats what the ccie lab is for, but to be cought off guard that much really threw me off. and that ONE issue is essential to getting about 25 more points, so yeah, i knew i was done at that point.

I feel ok, but for now I am going to get the CCNP Wireless before the year is over because I have started to work part time for CCBootcamp as an instructor for the CCNA Wireless and also will be developing their CCNP Videos on Demand for them. So I want to get the CCNP Wireless and then still prep for the CCIE R&S Lab in spare time, if any, oh yeah and still run the small business on the side.

So, pretty busy right now and I have to 8 orders to ship out today! Take it easy guys and thanks for the encouragement! I'll write more up later after I get all caught up.

Just got the DVD 1 to 3 duplicator in, so this copying DVD's thing is going to be a breeze now!

Steve
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    That blows man!!! I was hoping for a win from you.

Seems like things are getting busy for you. Any date for a round 2?
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That's unfortunate man! Glad to hear that things are picking up for you on the small business side... Hopefully that doesn't throw you too far off track and you can knock out that lab on your second try! Best of luck to you....

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • jovan88jovan88 Member Posts: 393
    Wow thats harsh - I thought you would have had this, shows how hard this really is. I know you can make it one day, good luck.
    Well now you know where your weak areas are so that you can nail it next time. Remember the percentage of people that clear it the first time is very very tiny, especially for the new lab. Add it as a learning experience and press on. The only real failure is refusing to get back on that pony.

Congratulations on the new gig and come back and tell us more when you recover.
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    TheShadow wrote: »
    Well now you know where your weak areas are so that you can nail it next time. Remember the percentage of people that clear it the first time is very very tiny, especially for the new lab. Add it as a learning experience and press on. The only real failure is refusing to get back on that pony.

Congratulations on the new gig and come back and tell us more when you recover.

+1. I'm sure you'll do better on your next attempt :)
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    hard luck. Immense study time leading in is key. Better luck next time