Options

Newer member intro

nerdydadnerdydad Member Posts: 261
Well I was introduced on the off topic forum, but I wanted to say hello, and thanks to the members of this forum.
I just started my classes at the University of Cincinnati Clermont which is a Cisco Networking Academy. I have started building my home lab, with much help from this forum, it consists of 3 1721 routers and 2 2950 switches.
If anyone is in the Cincinnati area, I would be interested in starting a study group. Hopefully I will be taking my CCENT in late December.

Comments

• Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Welcome to TH! (edit: I meant TE - the H is not even close to the E on a keyboard so I have no idea how I did that :) )

Philly is a bit far from Cincy or I'd try to help out with your study group.

Good luck with the CCENT
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Welcome to the TE Forums and Good Luck with your Studies icon_study.gif

You're off to a good start with your lab (solid for the CCNA and a good foundation for the CCNP) -- what WAN interfaces do you have (or plan to get)?
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Welcome to the forums, I'm sure you will become an active learner like the rest of us =)
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    lanrexng2lanrexng2 Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Welcome to Techexams, your time will be well spent I hope.

I guess I could introduce myself as well. I am also a student-college senior in Washington DC metro area. Gave myself 6 months to get A+, Network+ and Security+ before end of 2010. I have achieved A+ so far. I am in deep with Network+ and some CCENT topics.

This forum in amazing to visit with TONS of good informationicon_thumright.gif
    M Sc Computer Science == 1% completeA+, Network+, Security+, CCENT == 100% complete
    ICND2, RHCSA, C/C++, Python, x86,
  • Options
    lanrexng2 wrote: »
    Welcome to Techexams, your time will be well spent I hope.

I guess I could introduce myself as well. I am also a student-college senior in Washington DC metro area. Gave myself 6 months to get A+, Network+ and Security+ before end of 2010. I have achieved A+ so far. I am in deep with Network+ and some CCENT topics.

This forum in amazing to visit with TONS of good informationicon_thumright.gif

Welcome to TE. Good idea to get your CompTIA certs in a hurry while they are still lifetime certs. I'm glad I did as I would probably let mine lapse if I had to renew them every third year. I like CompTIA, but I think this renewal thing will hurt them rather than help them. Going from lifetime to 3 years is drastic. Couldn't they at least start off with making them 5 years?

:)
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Welcome to the forums! I wish you luck in your upcoming endeavors! :)
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Greetings to all!
  • Options
    Ivanr4g63Ivanr4g63 Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Welcome Aboard!

I wish I'd live near you, I've been wanting to start or join some kind of study group... I've slowly been starting to build my lab but it'll take a while to be completed in the mean time books and online studying are my closest friends towards my CCNA...

Good luck on your goals icon_study.gif
  • Options
    SomnipotentSomnipotent Member Posts: 384
    welcome to the board and to the wonderful world of cisco!!! good luck on your studies, your lab will be your best friend :).
    Reading: Internetworking with TCP/IP: Principles, Protocols, and Architecture (D. Comer)
  • Options
    nerdydadnerdydad Member Posts: 261
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Welcome to the TE Forums and Good Luck with your Studies icon_study.gif

You're off to a good start with your lab (solid for the CCNA and a good foundation for the CCNP) -- what WAN interfaces do you have (or plan to get)?

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Currently I have 2 WIC1ENET, 2 WIC1DSU-T1, and a lonely WIC1T.
  • Options
    nerdydad wrote: »
    Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Currently I have 2 WIC1ENET, 2 WIC1DSU-T1, and a lonely WIC1T.

Cool WIC cards

And to be honest I could change my tag to Nerdygranddad

:)
  • Options
    thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Enjoy TE Forums. You will be a addict here. I did and have to read every little forum at work :)
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • Options
    johnwest43johnwest43 Member Posts: 294
    welcome aboard!! this is agreat place to learn.
    CCNP: ROUTE B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B , SWITCH B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B, TSHOOT [X ] Completed on 2/18/2014
  • Options
    lanrexng2lanrexng2 Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thank you gentle men....and ladies:D for the kind words yupp...I have female professors in my programming, database and networking classes and they were great.icon_wink.gif
    M Sc Computer Science == 1% completeA+, Network+, Security+, CCENT == 100% complete
    ICND2, RHCSA, C/C++, Python, x86,