Which book for Network+

samuel235235235samuel235235235 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys, im not limited by money really but however i would like to not go OTT, but what would you recommend to be the best book to purchase to study Network+. I have a little trouble remembering things, i have a form of dyslexia, so something that helped me learn the 3 letter abriviations would be cool. I have a resonable amount of network knowledge so im aiming to take my exam in roughly a month. Thanks for your help :Dicon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gif
[Currently Studying : MCSA: Server 2012/MCSA: Windows 8]
[Currently Reading: ]
[Current Qualifications: MCP, MCDST, A+, Network+]

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I've heard Mike Meyers All in One is good. Personally, all I really used was the Labsim video training..
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • PaperlanternPaperlantern Member Posts: 352
    Ive heard a lot about the Mike Meyers book too, though I'm not using it, I found this site a little too late to really alter my studies for Net+, I will certainly use this as a resource for when I do Sec+.

Did you use labsims for Sec+ too earweed?
  • samuel235235235samuel235235235 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sweet, thanks guys :) Much appreciated, ill get one of the mike myres on order now, im currently using sybex but i dont think much of it to be honest with you
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yeah Labsim for Sec+ is good too.
    Labsim and the Sybex book. Mostly Labsim. If I had heard about the Darril Gibson book I would have gotten it but I fornd TE about 2 weeks before my test.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    earweed wrote: »
    Yeah Labsim for Sec+ is good too.
    Labsim and the Sybex book. Mostly Labsim. If I had heard about the Darril Gibson book I would have gotten it but I fornd TE about 2 weeks before my test.

Yeah I only found it like, last week myself and I'm taking the test in 2 days, I will probably pick up Darril's for Sec+ though. I will also look into Labsim for Sec+.

I found a Network+ book Ive had since 2005 on a shelf in a little used room, it's a Sybex, I probably won't use it much since it's old and its too close to my test date, if anyone wants it though I'd have no problem sending it to them for the cost of shipping.
  • samuel235235235samuel235235235 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Im good mate, thanks for the offer anyhow! :D I dont really like my sybex book if im honest with you, i dont like the way it writes its context :/
    Im good mate, thanks for the offer anyhow! :D I dont really like my sybex book if im honest with you, i dont like the way it writes its context :/

Yeah I'm wondering if that's why this book found its way to the shelf in 2005 and never got picked back up again.
  • cplusecpluse Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I reading that Labsim Network + is the best. But where are you buying Labsim. I see one on Testout that cost 400+ ... Then i see on amazon the have a book with CD for $80.00- Network + Lab Sim (CD-ROM)
    by Testout!

Can someone explain the difference or link where i can get Labsim, but at 400$ i rather just read a book. I just wanted Labsim to get hand on a little. Thank you ahead of time.

C
  • gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    Hey guys, im not limited by money really but however i would like to not go OTT, but what would you recommend to be the best book to purchase to study Network+. I have a little trouble remembering things, i have a form of dyslexia, so something that helped me learn the 3 letter abriviations would be cool. I have a resonable amount of network knowledge so im aiming to take my exam in roughly a month. Thanks for your help :Dicon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gif

I had a decent amount of networking knowledge when I went through the professor messer videos and they still helped me quite a bit. It may be especially helpful for you to hear as well as see the alphabet soup needed for net+... Professor Messer's Free CompTIA Network+ Certification Training Course | Professor Messer - CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, Certification Training