Any IT Consultants here?

MasterBullfrogMasterBullfrog Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
My school has quite a bit of connections with a some consulting firms and I was wondering for those who are already in the field, can you describe exactly what it is that you do?

I've already done a bit of research on it but first hand stuff wouldn't hurt.

Thanks.

Comments

• novovictusnovovictus Member Posts: 192
    Consulting can be used as a broad term much like 'Contracting'. Any idea what area in IT you are looking at?
    Working on: Doctor of Information Technology Information Assurance and Security @ Capella
  • darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    My school has quite a bit of connections with a some consulting firms and I was wondering for those who are already in the field, can you describe exactly what it is that you do?

I've already done a bit of research on it but first hand stuff wouldn't hurt.

Thanks.

I dabble in small business IT consulting, but it's really different for every customer; talk with them, determine their needs, help them develop their business through IT services.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    There are already several threads here dealing with consulting. Do searches here for consulting and consultants and a lot of your questions have been answered before.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Chris:/*Chris:/* Member Posts: 658 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I consult at work :P
    Degrees:
    M.S. Information Security and Assurance
    B.S. Computer Science - Summa Cum Laude
    A.A.S. Electronic Systems Technology