Did the GSEC practice exam

SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
I haven't studied for it obviously, still working on the financial aspects of GIAC certification. I got a 74.00%, missed 13 icon_sad.gif but I think it was a fair assessment, the things I got wrong, I didn't know for the most part. Anyone know how the practice assessment compares to the real exam? I assume the assestments are similar across the certs, so any GIAC certs are free to chime in.

Comments

• docricedocrice Member Posts: 1,706 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The practice and real exams felt roughly the same to me, although the real exam did feel a tad harder (probably because I knew it was the "real" exam).
    Hopefully-useful stuff I've written: http://kimiushida.com/bitsandpieces/articles/
  • rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    docrice wrote: »
    The practice and real exams felt roughly the same to me, although the real exam did feel a tad harder (probably because I knew it was the "real" exam).

I thought the exact opposite. I thought the practice exams were harder than the real exam. GCIH, on the other hand, I thought the practice exams were easier than the final.
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    SephStorm wrote: »
    I haven't studied for it obviously, still working on the financial aspects of GIAC certification. I got a 74.00%, missed 13 icon_sad.gif but I think it was a fair assessment, the things I got wrong, I didn't know for the most part. Anyone know how the practice assessment compares to the real exam? I assume the assestments are similar across the certs, so any GIAC certs are free to chime in.

Wow I didn't know you were already in that stage in the game. What are you using for material?
  • SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Well I can't study for it yet, I think I was mostly able to answer the questions from experience.
  • bodacious00bodacious00 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I thought the practice exams were very similiar to the actual exam. There are some tough questions on the exam that may catch you off guard. Some questions are very specific, which almost require you to have their study material to answer correctly.
  • Chris:/*Chris:/* Member Posts: 658 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The exams are similar but I do not believe I have yet to see any "Nuclear Bomb" class questions pop up on a Practice exam. There were a couple of woof that is a tough question on the real exam. Now though with the experience I have gained after earning the certification I do not look at those questions with the same scale of difficulty.
    Degrees:
    M.S. Information Security and Assurance
    B.S. Computer Science - Summa Cum Laude
    A.A.S. Electronic Systems Technology
  • ayesecurityayesecurity Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Please where can I get practice exam for GSEC?

Thank you.
  • kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Please where can I get practice exam for GSEC?

Thank you.

This is pretty much the only resource out there for practice questions: http://www.giac.org/exams/practice.php