Job Search:When do you stop inquiring?

falcon101falcon101 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
So i have applied to few places in the past few months.

There is one particular position that I REALLY REALLY want.

I applied on 8/15. Sent the Recruiter (through LInkedIN) a msg on 8/16 stating that i have applied for the job, as posted and hope to hear back (it was more professional as I am just paraphrasing). No response.

Sent another msg on 8/23 for an update. (too much?). No response.

And finally a "Were you able to fill the position? type msg on Sept 13th. No response.

I noticed that the company's original posting had expired and they RE-Advertised the job posting again last week.

I probably will not contact the recruiter again. I wont lie since this board is becoming a daily venting place for me icon_smile.gif but I really wanted and still want this job! But I need to know that if I was TOO strong in my communication so I don't make the same mistake again?

Thanks.

Comments

• ssampierssampier Member Posts: 224
    Since you didn't interview for this position, it's likely they didn't have a big enough candidate pool.

I don't think you blew your chances by contacting. I have noticed that employers are either busy or just don't care enough to keep you informed.

It's frustrating, but there's not much we can do about it.

You just move on to door number 2.
    Future Plans:

JNCIA Firewall
    CCNA:Security
    CCNP

More security exams and then the world.
  • Ivanr4g63Ivanr4g63 Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'd try other venues of contacting this company. Also you sent your Resume, but did you actually stopped by their office/HR department?
    Employers often like to see someone who is interested on a job to take the initiative so I'd say stop by and fill an application (if at all possible) and drop your current resume/cover letter, we wish you good luck and be persistent in a professional manner and you'll get their attention.
  • feng.lianfeng.lian Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    After trying for two weeks and sending my resume, cover letters and follow up letters by email, I'm giving up on using that because I receive no response neither. From now on, I will only go to their offices.
  • BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    feng.lian wrote: »
    After trying for two weeks and sending my resume, cover letters and follow up letters by email, I'm giving up on using that because I receive no response neither. From now on, I will only go to their offices.

usually, you'll get redirected to use they're online app or to email hr. the days of going to an office to fill out and app & drop off ur resume are long gone.
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    When you are served with a restraining order.

Just kidding. I feel where you are. I've seen some jobs that just seemed perfect and thought I would be a great fit. It sounds like you have done all you can. Maybe something came up and the job is on hold for awhile. If you keep pushing the button they might think you are a psycho or something. Like ssampier said, move on to door number 2.

Back when I was 17 I applied for a job. I poked and prodded at it a bit but never heard anything and moved on. It was at least a month later, I got a phone call. They wanted to bring me in for an interview. Apparently the hiring manager's close friend had passed away and he was very busy working with that. I think my patience and understanding was huge in getting that job. Had I have called twice a day then I would have never got that interview.

Keep your head up and keep looking.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • falcon101falcon101 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    When you are served with a restraining order.

Just kidding. I feel where you are. I've seen some jobs that just seemed perfect and thought I would be a great fit. It sounds like you have done all you can. Maybe something came up and the job is on hold for awhile. If you keep pushing the button they might think you are a psycho or something. Like ssampier said, move on to door number 2.

Back when I was 17 I applied for a job. I poked and prodded at it a bit but never heard anything and moved on. It was at least a month later, I got a phone call. They wanted to bring me in for an interview. Apparently the hiring manager's close friend had passed away and he was very busy working with that. I think my patience and understanding was huge in getting that job. Had I have called twice a day then I would have never got that interview.

Keep your head up and keep looking.

Thanks for the input....

As much I appreciate the responses on going directly to the office, I will not be doing that.

To me that actually does seem a little too much. I have even seen postings where they don't allow WALK-INS. In fact this company is a global entity with multiple companies so I don't think a WALK-IN situation granted here.

I am moving towards door 2 but still hope that i get a call from them.... icon_smile.gif
  • ssampierssampier Member Posts: 224
    I mean, if it makes you feel better, would you want to work at a place that is so wrong they wouldn't interview or hire you? ;)

As for door number 2, it may be better than door number 1. Just don't take the mystery prize and if that door includes a goat, I am truly sorry. :D
    Future Plans:

JNCIA Firewall
    CCNA:Security
    CCNP

More security exams and then the world.