Options

help with my resume.Thanks

Dilan-LTDilan-LT Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi, I started write my resume, but I don’t have experience in this “job”. My resume (what I write by myself) doesn’t look very professional. Maybe somebody can look and tell what is not good? Thanks
+I don’t know how I can write that I good know xHTML, CSS languages.

[FONT=&quot]Name [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Born 1900.00.00
[/FONT]City...... street.....
[FONT=&quot]Telephon number
..........@gmail.com[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Education:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
.............. High School[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Graduated 2005.06.02[/FONT]

Electronics and Informatics[FONT=&quot] College[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2008.09.01-[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Present[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Area of study: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Computer Programming[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Professional Certifications:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]MCTS: Windows 7 – Configuration[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]CompTIA: Network+[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Languages[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: Danish, English, Lithuanian, Polish, Russian[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Work History:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Technical support[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2009.05.25 – Present [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Company - N/a[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Job responsibilities:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Diagnosing a multitude of computer problems, ranging from simple computer education, to more severe operating system corruptions/malware infections.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Setting up computers for customer use, including installing/configuring drivers, hot fixes and software, making sure computers are fully updated and functional.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Manage all aspects of full service PC/network repair and upgrade company supporting all Microsoft operating systems and Office products.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Fixing old computers, including removing viruses and replacing defective hardware.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Installed and configured company hardware at customer locations.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Worked with Remote Control (Team viewer, VNC, DameWare Development[/FONT].)
[FONT=&quot]- build images (Hard Disk Recovery, boot cd…) for clients.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Mounted network cases[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Build Linksys wireless LAN’s[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]NON-IT EXPERIENCE[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Financial [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2006-08-09 to 2008-12-31[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Company – N/a[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Job responsibilities:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Financial and Strategic Planning[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Budget Development and Management[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Business Valuations[/FONT]

Comments

• Options
    Dilan-LTDilan-LT Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It's really look so bad? icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    Chris:/*Chris:/* Member Posts: 658 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Write it so an eight grader can understand it, so avoid big words unless needed. When defining skill bullets use direct information and less story telling. Use Active tense when writing not past tense.

The Passive Voice

Paul Boz has a nice looking resume that you could use as a visual example.
    Paul Bosworth (paul_bosworth) on Twitter
    Degrees:
    M.S. Information Security and Assurance
    B.S. Computer Science - Summa Cum Laude
    A.A.S. Electronic Systems Technology
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The first thing I saw was that you were a high school graduate. You've got about 10 seconds to grab someone's attention and get them to spend more time reading your resume. Leading off with High School Graduate wouldn't be enough to keep me reading your resume.

Put your most impressive or current information at the beginning of each section you have in your resume -- and the more relevant section of your resume to the job you're applying for first. Your in progress school is more impressive and relevant to an IT job than being a high school graduate.

You seem to have IT experience and you don't really highlight anything to make your current school interesting or relevent so I'd probably put your work experience first. If there's something special about your course work or school projects that might be relevant to a job that's a few steps above your current job, then you might to want to beef up your education section and lead with that.

I wouldn't distinguish your IT jobs from non-IT jobs -- it just draws attention to your having just that one IT job.

What I did wonder about was that Financial job. You mention a couple of things that might be interesting (budget development and management) but there is nothing in your education to show how you'd get a job like that.... And without any specifics about what you actually did or accomplished in that job, it seems strangely out of place on your resume. What kind of company did you work for and what was your job title?
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!