Finished CCNP

HeeroHeero Member Posts: 486
Passed the TSHOOT today. Passed with a 794, just 4 points above cut-off. Probably could have done much better but I didnt really prepare well. Especially the network maintanance models and higher level management part. Spent the night before the test playing Starcraft 2 with some friends.

I really like how Cisco did it overall. It goes a long way towards preventing ****. I don't really know how much help it would be to have inside knowledge of the test like braindumps give you.

As far as materials, I got the Cisco press TSHOOT book which was helpful. Good read, and a pretty good reference for future needs as well. Other than that I just used google for stuff i forgot from the BSCI and BCMSN and built out the lab once so I would be familiar with the environment. Building out the environment once is probably the most helpful thing you could do.

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations on the TSHOOT Pass icon_cheers.gif and the CCNP icon_cheers.gif

You know what to do: drunken_smilie.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • jovan88jovan88 Member Posts: 393
    congrats the TSHOOT is the best test I've taken so far, theres no crap its just straight to finding the problem

What are you planning to do now?
  • davidspirovalentinedavidspirovalentine Member Posts: 353 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Heero wrote: »
    Building out the environment once is probably the most helpful thing you could do.

Or multiple times!!!

CONGRATS!!! Hopefully I'll be in your shoes in 3/4 months time!!!

Regards,
    David
    Failure is a stepping stone to success...
  • mattrgeemattrgee Member Posts: 201
    Heero wrote: »
    I really like how Cisco did it overall. It goes a long way towards preventing ****. I don't really know how much help it would be to have inside knowledge of the test like braindumps give you.

Congrats!!!

It's excellent to hear the new tests are making it very difficult for the cheats.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the achievement!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS on the pass!!! I bet that relaxation time on Starcraft was the difference... it probably relaxed you more than you think!! icon_thumright.gif

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    congrats..... it is a great achievement.icon_study.gif
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on playing Starcraft 2 !

Um, wait, I meant to say

Congrats on getting the CCNP !!!

icon_thumright.gif
  • HeeroHeero Member Posts: 486
    jovan88 wrote: »
    congrats the TSHOOT is the best test I've taken so far, theres no crap its just straight to finding the problem

What are you planning to do now?

Finish my bachelors so i graduate in december and look for full time jobs i guess. I scheduled the TSHOOT a bit earlier than I was comfortable with because I wanted to have the CCNP on my resume for the job fairs and whatnot coming up.

Certification wise, I was thinking either go the CCIP route or maybe the CCDx certs. Probably will be a month or two before I start doing anything certification wise though.
  • nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    nice work! congrats on the achievement
    WIP: IPS exam